C4 Forums | Control4

Web configurable garage keypad?

ILoveC4

I figured someone in this group may have a solution. I’m looking for a garage door keypad that I can set temporary codes on remotely. I know how to set a temporary code if I’m at the keypad, but I need to be able to change the keypad code from 500 miles away. I know I can do this with door locks, but I can’t find a garage door opener keypad that can be remotely controlled. Does anyone know of anything?

4 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I figured someone in this group may have a solution. I’m looking for a garage door keypad that I can set temporary codes on remotely. I know how to set a temporary code if I’m at the keypad, but I need to be able to change the keypad code from 500 miles away. I know I can do this with door locks, but I can’t find a garage door opener keypad that can be remotely controlled. Does anyone know of anything?

Integrate the garage doors to the door lock and then program if certain code entered toggle garage. Only caviat is this will likely unlock the door as well. 

4 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Integrate the garage doors to the door lock and then program if certain code entered toggle garage. Only caviat is this will likely unlock the door as well. 

I should add, I need this for a property that doesn’t have Control4. It’s for a vacation home that is going to be rented out frequently on AirBNB. 

You should consider a commercial door entry system. They control doors via a contact closure, which is how the wall buttons control garage doors. Ubiquiti UniFi Access is the closest to a prosumer solution. 

A security system with access control and a relay/contact closure can also do this. Elk M1 and other panels can do this. 

Any of these options will cost several hundred dollars plus installation. I can’t think of a cheaper option. 

8 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

You should consider a commercial door entry system. They control doors via a contact closure, which is how the wall buttons control garage doors. Ubiquiti UniFi Access is the closest to a prosumer solution. 

A security system with access control and a relay/contact closure can also do this. Elk M1 and other panels can do this. 

Any of these options will cost several hundred dollars plus installation. I can’t think of a cheaper option. 

I’m okay to spend some money. I will look in to Unifi Access. It’s a house though, not a commercial building. So it has doors, door frames, door knobs and wiring that you’d expect in a home and not in a commercial building. 

5 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

If you want to control the entry door as well, an electric door strike would be the best option. It’s better for a rental because it doesn’t require battery replacement and mostly works like a regular door. 

Yeah, I just don’t really have a way to get wiring there. 

2 hours ago, ERDrPC said:

Can the August keypad be used solely as a keypad to trigger other programing? 

I think I’m going to deploy Home Assistant at this property. August smart lock and smart keypad, Kasa lighting…should be simple but effective. Setting things up on the bench now to start testing. I’ve got some cool ideas. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.