C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron Fan Control RRD-2ANF show under Comfort ?

net_tech

1 hour ago, net_tech said:

Is it possible to show Lutron fan controls under comfort tile menu?  When drivers were added to my system they showed up under Lighting, does not make sense why, but don't know if there is a way to get them moved?

Thanks 

No, it's not possible, and it's very annoying.  Control4 should really try to figure out a way to fix this.  It's the same with Control4 fan controls as well.

42 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

see below your post

Ah yeah - experience drivers are one way to handle this, but I feel like the fan control drivers really should be located under "Comfort."  You should be able to go to "Comfort" and use the native UI sliders for them like you can under "Lighting."

10 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Ah yeah - experience drivers are one way to handle this, but I feel like the fan control drivers really should be located under "Comfort."  You should be able to go to "Comfort" and use the native UI sliders for them like you can under "Lighting."

i may be an outlier but i typically only use 2 speeds and off on my fans. I just throw in some temperature logic and the fan essentially always goes to the correct speeds. Outside of that i can adjust on the fly with alexa or any one of the other interfaces.

9 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

i may be an outlier but i typically only use 2 speeds and off on my fans. I just throw in some temperature logic and the fan essentially always goes to the correct speeds. Outside of that i can adjust on the fly with alexa or any one of the other interfaces.

Why should one need to program logic into something that is 1) a simple fix and 2) more intuitive. I think because the fans are on essentially 6 button switches or whatever it's easier for C4 to program it all under lighting. Should be under comfort though. 

5 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Why should one need to program logic into something that is 1) a simple fix and 2) more intuitive. I think because the fans are on essentially 6 button switches or whatever it's easier for C4 to program it all under lighting. Should be under comfort though. 

I would argue that it is an automation system so it should know how to respond. The only reason it likely hasn't been done is the interface for that is limited and we only have experience buttons as an option. I do not know of one specifically off the top of my head but i'm sure there is or you can create one that will allow you to toggle through all of the speeds, its just not something i need.

Question. If I do the experience button I can have the button on any screen, but I would be limited to only On / Off and for speed adjustment of the fan I would still have to go to Lights? 

I opened the XML file for the "Lutron RadioRA2 Fan" and the "Fan" proxy XML
The driver is in Comfort Category and the proxy is in HVAC. Why would the UI show under lights?

Driver 
  <manufacturer>Lutron</manufacturer>
  <creator>HouseLogix, Inc.</creator>
  <created>01/21/2014 12:00 PM</created>
  <modified>10/02/2015 2:00 PM</modified>
  <model>RadioRA2 Fan</model>
  <composer_categories>
    <category>User Interface</category>
    <category>Comfort</category>
  </composer_categories>

Proxy

<composer_categories>
        <category>HVAC</category>
    </composer_categories>

Thanks 

24 minutes ago, net_tech said:

Question. If I do the experience button I can have the button on any screen, but I would be limited to only On / Off and for speed adjustment of the fan I would still have to go to Lights? 

I opened the XML file for the "Lutron RadioRA2 Fan" and the "Fan" proxy XML
The driver is in Comfort Category and the proxy is in HVAC. Why would the UI show under lights?

Driver 
  <manufacturer>Lutron</manufacturer>
  <creator>HouseLogix, Inc.</creator>
  <created>01/21/2014 12:00 PM</created>
  <modified>10/02/2015 2:00 PM</modified>
  <model>RadioRA2 Fan</model>
  <composer_categories>
    <category>User Interface</category>
    <category>Comfort</category>
  </composer_categories>

Proxy

<composer_categories>
        <category>HVAC</category>
    </composer_categories>

Thanks 

It depends on the device proxy used.  There are experience buttons with multiple states or just on off depends on what you get. 

My dealer and I together had made an experience button for the fan (I made the art work and he put together the driver). It cycles through fan speeds 1-5 and off on repeated presses. It also optionally can be set to have its next state as off if it hasn’t been pressed in 5 seconds and isn’t off (easy way to turn it off when it’s been running for a while). I have the icon in comfort and it works great.

I’m happy to share it with anyone if they want it. 

9 hours ago, ashwinmj said:

My dealer and I together had made an experience button for the fan (I made the art work and he put together the driver). It cycles through fan speeds 1-5 and off on repeated presses. It also optionally can be set to have its next state as off if it hasn’t been pressed in 5 seconds and isn’t off (easy way to turn it off when it’s been running for a while). I have the icon in comfort and it works great.

I’m happy to share it with anyone if they want it. 

I would like to see this as well!

Here’s a preview of what I have under comfort. It’s a bit slow because I’m accessing it remotely - the response is a lot quicker when I’m using it locally. If the fan is on at any speed and the icon hasn’t been tapped for 5 seconds, the next tap turns it off (this can be disabled as well).

The basic fan icon is from an existing driver we found, but the speed indicator is what I added. 

I was super annoyed that the fan wasn’t under comfort, so this takes care of that. 

This was a free experience button driver that had 13 states, named as colors. I think it was an official Control4 driver if I remember right, it's called experience UI key or something very similar. If you search for this driver, you should be able to find it. 

We edited the driver to have off plus 5 states only. I'm happy to share the driver with the edits for the fan.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.