C4 Forums | Control4

Zappiti programing

daveva

Those of you that have the newer zappiti player would you please give me some recommendations on programming a voice command. My voice command  program seems to be long and drawn out. I would like the voice command to end up on the Zappiti movie poster screen then I can just pick a movie  Does anyone have any recommendations in the zappiti settings to decrease the startup time? For example eliminating the tips page. Here is what I have for the voice command.

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 8.35.11 PM.png

You should never send 'turn on' commands as Control4 won't know the device is selected.  You should select the device as a source in that room.

If you are using the Chowmain Zappiti driver then it should already be on the home screen. You can however map the Home button and Zappiti buttons to buttons via the driver's properties.  Pressing this button in the room will fire the home or Zappiti button to get it to those menus.

Lastly if you are not using our driver here is the link below.

You'll be able to also utilise Control4's user interfaces on iOS, Android, T3, T4 or onscreen for movie selection along with programatically select a specific movie (if you want a voice command to playback that one movie).

https://chowmain.software/drivers/control4-zappiti

gallery01.png

You’re thinking of Control4 like a universal remote. You don’t need all those steps. 

Selecting the Zappiti as the source in the theater room should turn everything on. Execute your lighting as part of a scene. If you want to perform the down, enter, over, enter, etc… stuff do that after an appropriate delay. 

There’s never a need to tell C4 to turn an A/V device on or to select a certain source. If you select it in a room and your bindings are setup right it knows what to do. 

You can configure the Zapitti to boot up to a favorites folder.  Do that, and whenever you turn it on, it'll be right at that screen.

When voice command is received:

1.) Select Zappiti as source in (whatever room it's in)

2.)Execute light scene

The driver logic will take care of all the rest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.