C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobbee disconnect problems

I've never had much luck with the ecobee driver - lots of disconnects between the app and ecobee.

we have network driver 18 and thermostat version 4.

has anyone had problems and finally fixed it??

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.40.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.40.47 AM.png

Edited by ekohn00

• ekohn00 changed the title to Ecobbee disconnect problems

I have talked to c4 about this.  The best thing they recommend is changing a setting which will refresh the token, you don't actually have to reboot.  So all i do is pick mode and repick heat or cool based on time of year and it reconnects

On 5/23/2022 at 10:10 AM, msgreenf said:

I have talked to c4 about this.  The best thing they recommend is changing a setting which will refresh the token, you don't actually have to reboot.  So all i do is pick mode and repick heat or cool based on time of year and it reconnects

what setting? tx.

same for me, as long as i dont reboot my controller, ecobee doesn't lose its connection, i have the same problem with Aladin Genie as well. This happens on my system as well as a few clients systems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 10:10 AM, msgreenf said:

Just as a data point here - my Ecobee thermostat was asking me to get a new PIN in the C4 App. I remembered this post, and tried this trick, but it didn't work unfortunately. Tried it a couple of times, either picking Heat or Cool. It was in Cool to begin with, when choosing Heat, it changed in the C4 App, but after 20 seconds or so, it changed back. If I chose Cool, basically nothing happened.

I had to regenerate a PIN, log into my Ecobee App, deleted the Control4 App, and re-added it. Everything is back to normal again.

Fortunately, it doesn't happen too often, but I wish this trick would have worked. Would be much simpler than having to basically redo the linkage.

• 1 year later...

Did anyone ever find a permanent resolution for this? I get the "disconnected from network" every couple of days even without an EA5 reboot. Has gotten worse lately - I have it trigger a text when the connection is lost so I know to change a setting to get it to reconnect but it is super annoying.

i have ecobee and havent had the disconnect problem in quite some time, my advice is delete the driver, make sure you have the latest driver, reinstal and reauthorize. i also have several sites that are up and running for a long time too

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.