C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad Switch?

Olichops

Well that sucks.. I had a keypad dimmer in there but the leak current coming out of the dimmer in the off state was turning on the gas valve of my lanterns. Any ideas to prevent this from happing other than put in another gang and use the single relay switch I have now?

14 hours ago, Olichops said:

Thanks guys! Don't know why the "professionals" that did the install never came up with this!

Probably because they aren't lighting experts, and don't know about the LUT-MLC.

Also, the Lutron LUT-MLC (not LUC-MLC) *may* not solve the problem.

It works well to eliminate the parasitic power going through LED lighting (I've put in about 8 of them), but there's no way to know if that will solve your parasitic power issue for your gas lamps.

Are the gas lamps 'dimmable'?  If not, you probably shouldn't be switching them with a dimmer in any case.

The 'sure fire' (pardon the pun) way to solve it is to use a keypad, and a separate relay-based device, like the Shelley Relay device.

RyanE

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.