C4 Forums | Control4

A favorite activity does not appear on Apple Watch

Andrej2

Question

12 answers to this question

Well, my Composer HE is indeed 3.3.0 as you say, but the director version reported in the iPhone app, which I installed today, is 3.2.1.593279, as stated above (please see the two snapshots). I cannot get a more recent Composer HE nor iPhone app (and thus presumably Apple Watch app). Now I am thinking that the iPhone app is reporting the version installed on my EA-3 controller, so I should probably check and upgrade that. But I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions? Or something else?

Available Composer HE Updates.png

IMG_3A2226B4CB35-1.jpeg

thanks - that's what i guessed, based on various pages on the C4 user home page.

so i already asked my dealer to help. 

i can't resist whining a little: i really don't like it that C4 does not let me upgrade my own system, regardless of the risks associated with an inexperienced user messing with the system (they already allow some of that anyway). it seems inappropriate not to let customers fiddle with their stuff if they really want to do it.

first, my dealer did update the OS on the EA-3 to the latest director version now, 3.3.0.

but the missing favorite activity is still missing on the Apple Watch. the activity takes me to a listening menu that controls an audio DAC; it was favorited from the Listening menu. this favorite activity works fine on the iPhone. as a counterexample, a similar activity from the Watching menu takes me to an Apple TV control and works just fine on both the iPhone and Apple Watch.

The current implementation of the watch app was intended to be for quick actions (as most people don't spend much time in a watch app).  A possible workaround, depending on what you are trying to accomplish, would be to create a UI button or custom button, then add programming behind the button. 😀

If you want a list of actionable items on the watch, you can make an old school corner 'custom button' list.
In OS3 that will show as a round button on the user interface, which you then favorite, and when selected in the Watch app, it will open and allow you to select from the 6 items.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.