C4 Forums | Control4

Create Programming to control a Property Attribute

I am looking to create custom programming for a Yale Lock of mine. I see in the Control4 App, there is the ability to enable/disable 1 Touch Locking. I see this same attribute when I go to the Monitoring which is shown in the picture below.  If I go into the programming area, I do not see any options for the lock or through the variables for the 1 touch locking. The only place it is present (that I am aware of) is through the monitoring tab under the properties. 

I'd like to create programming that would be like this:  If door is open (Front Door Contact), Disable one touch Locking. If door is closed (Front Door Contact), Enable one touch locking. 

The simple idea is that when I have the door open, I by accident hit the keypad on the yale lock which automatically extends the deadbolt. I don't realize this happening, and then I close the door with the deadbolt extended which then hits the door frame and is leaving a mark. I don't like having the door automatically lock which I know would solve this issue, but having it lock after 30 seconds or so wouldn't work for us. 

Is anyone aware of a way to create programming like i described above? I assume that if the programming tab doesn't show these options for the lock, then there isn't a way to somehow to link to the property options that are seen in the monitoring tab

one touch locking.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way I know to create that programming in ComposerPro.

I've updated my Handy Hacks driver to add the ability to enable / disable the One Touch Locking property on the Yale driver.

You do have to use the device id of the Yale, I didn't put in a fancy chooser for it.  Also, if I'm not mistaken, the older locks didn't have spaces in the property name, this probably wouldn't work on those, and I don't have any in my project.

Attached here.

Feel free to let me know if it isn't working for you.  I'm now disabling one touch locking while the door is open, and enabling it when the door is closed.

Good idea.

RyanE

HandyHacks.c4i

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.