C4 Forums | Control4

EA3 Director controller died

ejn1

7 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Correct 

Thanks Ari,  are these pretty straight forward when its the director that fails? any watch outs?  Also, i have 8 months left on my 4sight subscription on my account,  will that map over to the new controller which I think comes with another 1 year?  Thanks!

On 11/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, ejn1 said:

new controller which I think comes with another 1 year

? Do they?

Anyway, 4sight is tied to your account so if replacement is simply registered to the existing account, it'll stay active. And yes, if you for whatever reason get more 4sight 'years' they will just add up, not overwrite.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, ejn1 said:

That's a great feature in C4.

Often a life saver, especially on 'actively tuned' systems - systems get auto backed up if you have 4sight once a week.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:17 PM, ejn1 said:

are these pretty straight forward when its the director that fails? any watch outs?

Your dealer likely knows, but the biggest things are:

-Re register it properly

-3rd party paid driver will need to be re-registered (Blackwire and Drivercentral both have fairly easy ways for your dealer to do this) - THIS can be problematic when you have drivers that were installed by a dealer that is not your current one. Also, IF you have these drivers - you WILL need to have a dealer involved.

-ZigBee mesh, if running on that controller, may or may not reconnect properly - there's a chance that devices need to be reconnected. Note that not all dealers/installers seem to know this trick: you can set a mesh to allow joining under the zigbee ID menu in Composer Pro, and only have to go by devices to if you're REAL luck simply tap them 4 times (this will only work if it's an exact replacement) or do the zigbee leave mesh, and zigbee join mesh sequence: Meaning you do not have to fully re-ID all the devices, just leave that option open and go device by device to rejoin.
Again, for this you'll need a dealer.

Thanks @Cyknight  For some reason i was thinking a 1 year 4 sight came with a new controller but maybe I was having delusions!  Thanks for the tips,  I will pass them on just in case they are not known but mainly I was trying to get a "feel" how easy or difficult this was going to be.   I have several 3rd party drivers but most are with my current dealer but I have a few that will need some chasing I'm sure.   Thanks again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.