Jump to content
C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy Urtsi channel identification


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I am very new to the C4 programming world, but I have a good understanding of how things work.  I am currently using the Somfy URTSI 16 channel for the 3 shades in my movie theater.  I have manually identified the shades to the channels programmed directly to the URTSI.  In Composer pro, how can I identify which blind corresponds with the correct channel on the URSTI module? The only shade working are the "back shades" and "side shades".  The "back shades" are also linked to "Blinds 5" and "Blinds6", but I can't identify which channel on the URSTI it is programmed to.  None of the blinds from composer pro are able to control my "door shades" but it works directly from the URSTI.

My initial and overall concern is how do I match the composer pro "blind" to the URTSI channel? So I can get the door shades to work.

Below I have attached a few screenshots of all that I am able to see.

 

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Where it says blinds 2, blinds 3, blinds 4, etc those are referring to the Chanel’s on the URTSI. Keep in mind there is no number 1. Number 1 is where you keep the selector switch on the URTSI when it’s in normal operating mode. 
move the selector switch around one at a time on the URTSI and use the open or close bottom on the device to confirm what channel works a particular shade. Once you have identified them all turn the dial back to 1. Then go into composer and label the respective blind the correct name. Then you now know which one to program from. 
I have the URTSI in my system as well and it works very well and simple to program in composer once setup. 
hope this helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jil,

Before going into control4 pro I sat down with my URSTI and identified every single channel for each individual shade.  The door was working perfectly fine from the URTSI when hitting the up and down button, but for the god of me I can't find the channel in control 4 pro. 😭  I even double check to make sure the door wasnt on channel one on my URSTI.  Any other suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

Where it says blinds 2, blinds 3, blinds 4, etc those are referring to the Chanel’s on the URTSI. Keep in mind there is no number 1. Number 1 is where you keep the selector switch on the URTSI when it’s in normal operating mode. 
move the selector switch around one at a time on the URTSI and use the open or close bottom on the device to confirm what channel works a particular shade. Once you have identified them all turn the dial back to 1. Then go into composer and label the respective blind the correct name. Then you now know which one to program from. 
I have the URTSI in my system as well and it works very well and simple to program in composer once setup. 
hope this helps. 

There is channel 1 u use it this channel as well even when u leave the URTSII at this position, I used all 16 channels in my system before moving to Bond.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, akhan499 said:

Jil,

Before going into control4 pro I sat down with my URSTI and identified every single channel for each individual shade.  The door was working perfectly fine from the URTSI when hitting the up and down button, but for the god of me I can't find the channel in control 4 pro. 😭  I even double check to make sure the door wasnt on channel one on my URSTI.  Any other suggestions?

So u did pair each channel from URTSII to the Somfy RTS device? This is painful u need to hear and see they are synched from your centralized location, it required u hit sync button on the device and the URTSII as well, I just need u to confirm this, also u select whatever shade on the channel u are programing, it’s not going to pop up on the device, it’s a manual process, u have to write down each shade name on the channel u r programming it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

I’ve never had the option of blind 1 in composer. Only 2-16 are available to me. 
 

the first driver is channel 1. I think it typically just ends up controlling all of the shades connected to the urtsii but i could be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

the first driver is channel 1. I think it typically just ends up controlling all of the shades connected to the urtsii but i could be wrong.

Yes the first driver is Channel 1 and the rest is 2-16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

I’ve never had the option of blind 1 in composer. Only 2-16 are available to me. 
 

The full 16 channel are available for u starting from the parent channel 1 till 2-16 child channels, of course this is for the 16 channels driver, there are other separate drivers each corresponds to a channel number, I didn’t use these drivers as I believe I had an issue using them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2023 at 6:06 PM, akhan499 said:

Hi,

I am very new to the C4 programming world, but I have a good understanding of how things work. 

I would also recommend checking out the dealer portal as it will have much more useful information for you if you are a dealer.

if you are an end use check us out on patreon.com/waltstv it is geared towards end users for composer home so won't help on this pro side of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, jillmark99 said:

Did you make the proper connections on the connections tab in composer? Do you have the correct cable going from your Control4 controller to the URTSI? 

I do have the correct cable going from my controller to the URTSI because two out of three shades are working.

 

19 hours ago, Amr said:

So u did pair each channel from URTSII to the Somfy RTS device? This is painful u need to hear and see they are synched from your centralized location, it required u hit sync button on the device and the URTSII as well, I just need u to confirm this, also u select whatever shade on the channel u are programing, it’s not going to pop up on the device, it’s a manual process, u have to write down each shade name on the channel u r programming it

Yes I did pair with the Spmfy RTS device and everything works well.  It's mind blowing because the issue is within Control 4 composer pro. As far as my connections go within the "Connections" section this is all I am able to see.  The "blinds" are grouped as one.  The image below it is highlighted and have the mouse pointer over it.

 

 

Screenshot (13).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Amr said:

The full 16 channel are available for u starting from the parent channel 1 till 2-16 child channels, of course this is for the 16 channels driver, there are other separate drivers each corresponds to a channel number, I didn’t use these drivers as I believe I had an issue using them!

I stand corrected. I didn’t think the top one was for all blinds. Once I expanded it I just figured the driver only did 2-16 and the top was just identifying it as a group similar to a room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2023 at 4:11 AM, jillmark99 said:

I stand corrected. I didn’t think the top one was for all blinds. Once I expanded it I just figured the driver only did 2-16 and the top was just identifying it as a group similar to a room. 

It’s a bit stupid I know, but worked flawlessly for me for years, Bond is much more convenient really allowed me to cover the entire 2 stories home without using Somfy repeaters or any Somfy device just the RTS radios or retrofits!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...