C4 Forums | Control4

JVC Projector Power Off

For some reason, when powering off my theater, the JVC RS440 doesn’t always turn off (all other equipment like Onkyo AVR always turns off). Perhaps 10%-20% of the time it won’t work. Power on always works 100% reliably. Control is via IP driver. 

Is there something I can do in HE programming to check if power is still on after room off, and if so issue another JVC power off command? Would something like this work reliably?

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, dinom said:

For some reason, when powering off my theater, the JVC RS440 doesn’t always turn off (all other equipment like Onkyo AVR always turns off). Perhaps 10%-20% of the time it won’t work. Power on always works 100% reliably. Control is via IP driver. 

Is there something I can do in HE programming to check if power is still on after room off, and if so issue another JVC power off command? Would something like this work reliably?

Thanks.

You need to issue a few “power off” commands for the projector spaced by a few seconds inside of the zone “room off” command prompt. The command is being ignored while the EDID is disconnecting, it’s a notorious problem with projectors and JVC especially. 

2 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

The command is being ignored while the EDID is disconnecting, it’s a notorious problem with projectors and JVC especially. 

Epsons aren;t any better really, but it's basically across the board, yeah.

2 hours ago, dinom said:

Ah, makes sense. I’ll try this out soon, thanks. 

Alternatively, check if the driver has a settable power off delay and set it to like 5 seconds (if it does it should be exposed in HE.

Unlike power on delay, which delays any command after sending power off, these power off delays actually delay the code from being sent after a room off is received(if implemented correctly, but so far on projectors they have been that I've seen, JVC included).

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with my BenQ. I added a Projector Power Off command to the Room Off. As an additional backup I add a Projector Voice scene. Although rare since I added the additional power off to the Room Off, the Voice scene has never not worked. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.