C4 Forums | Control4

EA-1 For a room with Elite screen trigger

asaf.alfandary

Hey all,

My contractor wants to upgrade my EA-1 to 3 because he wants to control the Elite Screen (projector screens) via the control4 app and not via off/on of the apple or remote.
I find it a bit price to do this only for the ability to do that with the Relays that EA-3 has.

Do you guys know any other way to control this without the need of spending on EA-3.

Regards,

Asaf

Maybe I should be more specific The movement it does is to roll the screen up and down, therefore a standard outlet switch is not something that can help me in this situation.

Z2io - a good choice i need to check it out! thanks 

Can a itach relay be used with Control4?

34 minutes ago, asaf.alfandary said:

Maybe I should be more specific The movement it does is to roll the screen up and down, therefore a standard outlet switch is not something that can help me in this situation.

Z2io - a good choice i need to check it out! thanks 

Can a itach relay be used with Control4?

An outlet could be used.
Most screens are 12v triggered, apply 12v they lower, remove, they go up.
If it's a dry contact or other voltage closure, the 12v supply in a controlled outlet could close a basic 12v automotive type $5 relay.

iTach and ZIO are excellent options.
Could also be done with a Shelly, or an Axxess, or a Wattbox, or any number of way cheaper options than a controller upgrade.

Well, not sure I agree with the receiver - listening to music doesn't need the screen down. If that is a non issue, just plug it into the receiver (I'm guesing it's in the same sport the EA3 is going to be going)

Projector if possible - yes for sure.

But yeah a Z2IO or an iTach etc would do the trick over moving to an EA3 BUT note that it'll depend a little bit on the screen. if the screen SUPPLIES it's own 12v power this is easily done - if it's expecting the 12v to come from the relay/trigger this may mean extra power supplies etc. That said if he's pushing for an EA3 I assume the wire is at the rack already, so a couple dollar 12v powersupply is the only thing you'd need to add.

2 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

You're better off linking the screen to the receiver or projector (preferred) if there is a cable. There is no reason why you would want the screen down if the receiver isn't on anyway.

Shelly might also have something

Because the screen is hidden by a large wardrobe, I sometimes prefer to close it for a minute before opening it again when I need to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.