C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom Bug?

I may have found a bug with the intercom - wondering if anyone can replicate this.  Running latest OS 3.3.2: on the TS you set intercom settings for the room to "auto answer" then call the room from any other room intercom....it never rings.  Once you turn "auto answer" off the problem goes away.  I don't see any other settings on the TS or composer that would apply here.  In previous OS versions "auto answer" for this room did work properly.  Communication Agent shows everything working and setup properly.  Can't think of anything else other than a bug.  Anyone else seeing this?

5 hours ago, Matt Lowe said:

I may not be reading this correctly. However, auto answer sounds like it is working as you intended and as soon as you call the TS it answers the call. There would be no reason for it to ring.

Thanks Matt I see how what I wrote wasn’t clear. What I meant to say was that the TS set to auto answer doesn’t ring and nothing happens - no call is connected at all it just sits there.  

6 minutes ago, Dueport said:

Thanks Matt I see how what I wrote wasn’t clear. What I meant to say was that the TS set to auto answer doesn’t ring and nothing happens - no call is connected at all it just sits there.  

Works fine on my setup.  Stupid question… have you tried rebooting both Touchscreens and the Director?

11 hours ago, Dueport said:

ok that makes much more sense. Reinstalling of the communication agent might help too. this can be done with composer he. Take note of any settings so that you can reset them.

Yes there is a bug in the comm agent that I have had since 3.3.2! Calls to the Touchscreen will sometimes auto answer and sometimes not and time out as busy.  I have been working with C4 support and they are working on a fix. Still no fix for the DS2 on ATT with no video going on a year! 

I have also noticed if Auto Answer is selected on any TS if you call all TS that one will pick up no matter what. I get the purpose but maybe only AA when selected alone would be better. Otherwise if family is around the house and I'm in my man cave/bonus/office than I need to find them and use that room specifically.

On 3/15/2023 at 12:03 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Works fine on my setup.  Stupid question… have you tried rebooting both Touchscreens and the Director?

Sorry this took a while to check - it did work!  I need to add controller reboot to my checklist - sounds like others are having some issues too so maybe this was related to their issues.  Wanted to update the thread in case others have this problem - a reboot is worth a shot!  Thanks @South Africa C4 user for the suggestion!

• 4 weeks later...

Just some FYI as to the Auto Answer Issue.

Worked with Tech Support on Friday 4/4/23 on a Customer project that has 14 Touch Screens all set to Auto Answer

Issue was perceived to present after 3.3.2 update where units would intermittently answer from TS to TS calls or App (Local or Remote) to TS calls.

Rolled back the TS software on ALL TS to 322.48.0.4, (@ TS press upper left Control4 Logo, Settings, System Info, Control4 Software)  322.48.0.4 was the original TS software 3.3.2 OS

It was then Auto Updated to 323.11.0.7 when these issues actually presented.

Customer confirmed this morning 4/16/23 that all units are still working properly and consistently. 

Bug Report within Control4 has been created pending resolve.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.