C4 Forums | Control4

Connection Issues

CentralAirTechC4

I recently switched a smart home over to C4. I am having problems connecting to the system without being directly plugged into the switch. I am able to get on composer using the IP address for the controller while on wifi but not remotely. Has anyone had this issue before? Could it possibly be problems with the ports? I am assuming its something in the networking.

1 hour ago, CentralAirTechC4 said:

I recently switched a smart home over to C4. I am having problems connecting to the system without being directly plugged into the switch. I am able to get on composer using the IP address for the controller while on wifi but not remotely. Has anyone had this issue before? Could it possibly be problems with the ports? I am assuming its something in the networking.

Is remote access configured correctly, Dealer data attched to the controller as well customer.control4.com allowed to remote login in? your email added to the account for remote access?

• 2 weeks later...

I did not see you had replied my apologies for such a delayed reply. We have the internet providers modem/router wired to a switch. The system is all hardwired from the switch. I had issues getting my core online when it was first plugged in. I had to finds the IP to have any kind of access. Any help is appreciated. I am going to call tech support to see if they have come across this before if I cant diagnose it first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.