C4 Forums | Control4

HAI / Levition Omni Pro II & C4

My Alarm panel is a HAI / Levition Omni Pro II.  It is been running strong for 20 years.  I think replacement parts will be tough to come by going forward.  I am on the fence if I should keep the HAI and run it until it breaks or upgrade now

I have (35) wired zones of: doors, windows, glass breaks, inside motion, outside motion & fire.  I am not using it for any HVAC, Lighting or Audio

Anybody running this panel and how has it been for you on C4?

Is the Domosapiens driver the only one for it?

We've done a few take overs with HAI pre installed. As a security system alone it seems perfectly solid, and integration using the mentioned driver is perfect too. If there was another driver...I wouldn't use it.

As a panel, AFAIK it's still fully supported and currently available, so I don't see a worry about having to replace parts at this point.

23 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

I had an HAI Omni previously. It was rock solid for what it was designed to do. In many ways, I prefer it to my current Elk System. 

Hate to hijack, but, we have rewritten the elk driver and it should be released soon. It's a major rewrite with a huge list of improvements (if the issue was feature related or related to the driver)

• 2 weeks later...

The Domosapiens driver is up and running with no major issues

I have 2 contact triggers inside HAI that open/close my garage doors.  How do I get those to work in C4?

Do I need to put the "&" infront of their names in HAI's PC Access?

If these are units in PC Access, yes prefixing their names with '&' will cause the driver to generate RELAY bindings which you can then use within Control4.

In addition, if you operate the garage door within HAI with Buttons, these may also be operated directly from Control4 using the driver's Device Specific Command 'Press Macro Button'.

So a Custom Button is working with the Press Macro 1 command

Tried to use the C4 Experience Button (Relay Garage Door Controller)

When in connections the input works fine from the HAI sensor for the door but I don’t see the HAI Macros for the RELAY.  What are we missing?

Pressing a Macro button is currently only available via a programming command in the main HAI driver.  

To circumvent this, you might try assigning an unused HAI unit (which creates a RELAY if its name is prefixed with &) and in the HAI programming itself, press Macro Button x when this special unit is activated.  In fact, if you have an HAI unit activating your garage door, you might not even need the Macro Button.   Simply bind the RELAY corresponding to that HAI unit to the Control4 Relay Garage Door Controller.  This Garage Door Controller driver probably has all the smarts/options required to operate your garage door properly.

Nobody has ever asked to create RELAY units for activating Macro Buttons in the driver.  I'll investigate how this could be done.

Paul 

I am wanting to use the motion sensors to show an event that can trigger an action of turning on lights with a timer. 

It may be late but I am having a hard time finding how to see the event of say Foyer Motion tripped in Programing  

In Lua I see the zone going  OPEN/NOT READY them OPENED

Thoughts?

For each such Zone you wish to use in programming, you need to add a standard Control4 Sensor and connect it to the Zone.  Refer to the driver's documentation where this is discussed.

Paul

• 1 month later...

In the driver setup the UI Associations is set to chime the C4 touchscreens and it works great.

Any way to toggle this off/on through programing when a Party mode is activated/deactivated? 

I can turn off the HAI panels beeps (Beeper enabled / disabled) but not the C4 Panels

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.