C4 Forums | Control4

DST settings

Amr

44 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

See if it fixes itself at 3:00 a.m. Tonight. It may fix it with a check-in

Okay will do that, any reason why rest of the world did it and C4 is waiting 3 hours to do it?

1 minute ago, Amr said:

Okay will do that, any reason why rest of the world did it and C4 is waiting 3 hours to do it?

well there was a defect in how it worked with the Halo - so i'm thinking maybe the same defect exists here?

9 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

well there was a defect in how it worked with the Halo - so i'm thinking maybe the same defect exists here?

No, nothing happened, what is the effect of choosing another country not mine for adjusting the timing as aparanly they are using a non standard way in pushing time across zones!?

1 minute ago, Amr said:

No, nothing happened, what is the effect of choosing another country not mine for adjusting the timing as aparanly they are using a non standard way in pushing time across zones!?

i don't understand what you are saying

18 hours ago, Amr said:

Bummer and absoloty stupid that I have to reboot Controller after changing my country to something that supports GMT+3, such a basic function like this is some how missed!

LOL Let's be clear: where you are is one of the exceptions on the basic 2-split in the northern hemisphere. I think DST is non-sense anyway, it should be eradicated to begin with, but that's another discussion.

As for the reboot: that's not all that uncommon on many devices to begin with.

5 hours ago, Cyknight said:

LOL Let's be clear: where you are is one of the exceptions on the basic 2-split in the northern hemisphere. I think DST is non-sense anyway, it should be eradicated to begin with, but that's another discussion.

As for the reboot: that's not all that uncommon on many devices to begin with.

Well I spent good $55k on C4 gear till date and I want the best out of it! For sure they can fix it some how, may be they can use a better service for DST, something that understands all these complexities like my Apple iPhone, iPad, iWatch for example!

22 hours ago, Amr said:

Well I spent good $55k on C4 gear till date and I want the best out of it! For sure they can fix it some how, may be they can use a better service for DST, something that understands all these complexities like my Apple iPhone, iPad, iWatch for example!

I agree this day and age no reason a server (essentially what a CA, Core or EA is) can't update DST properly based on country. I mean the goal of C4 is AUTOMATION forcing to reboot to get dst updates isn't automatic. My 2 cents.

LOL, I don't disagree that it should be fixed, merely pointing out that it's an exceptional case relatively speaking.

The reboot on time zone change isn't really an issue - if you weren't being forced to for this of course - as it's something that normally happens.........once on setup.

That said, if a reboot causes so many other issues, I'd be more concerned to figure out how to fix that to begin with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.