C4 Forums | Control4

IP Control For Rogers Ignite, Android TV and Apple TV

I currently have too many devices controlled via IR blasters (3 rogers ignite boxes, 3 Formuler Z10, 1 AppleTV) and would like to get them running off of IP.

1) Has anyone successfully setup IP control for the Rogers Ignite Boxes (model IPTVTCX16HD)

2) Has anyone successfully setup IP control for Formuler Z10 Pro Max boxes (https://www.formuler.tv/z10promax)?

3) Has anyone successfully setup IP control for AppleTV?

11 hours ago, ajd123 said:

@Cyknight do you have any input on the rogers ignite boxes? 

Those are the same units as Xfinity I believe: as such the xfinity IP driver should work, provided the boxes are on the same network as C4 is. Don't have rogers here so can't be certain personally though.

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Those have IR.

exactly what I'm seeing as well, I had someone look up the FCC filling to verify they do have IR, as in the hardware is there. maybe they're not configured to work with IR, we took the cable providers remote and put it in IR mode and there was no control of it. 

8 minutes ago, Olivia said:

exactly what I'm seeing as well, I had someone look up the FCC filling to verify they do have IR, as in the hardware is there. maybe they're not configured to work with IR, we took the cable providers remote and put it in IR mode and there was no control of it. 

Harmony has a working IR driver for it - so it's there.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:20 AM, ajd123 said:

I currently have too many devices controlled via IR blasters (3 rogers ignite boxes, 3 Formuler Z10, 1 AppleTV) and would like to get them running off of IP.

1) Has anyone successfully setup IP control for the Rogers Ignite Boxes (model IPTVTCX16HD)

2) Has anyone successfully setup IP control for Formuler Z10 Pro Max boxes (https://www.formuler.tv/z10promax)?

3) Has anyone successfully setup IP control for AppleTV?

I am using https://drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/audio-video/google-android-control4-driver-chowmain/ for my Formuler GTV box - it works majority of the time but there are occasional times I need to restart the IPTV box as it gets unresponsive.  It should work on the Formuler Z line of boxes too...

On 10/2/2023 at 9:20 PM, gadget.geek said:

I am using a Rogers Ignite box and controlling it via IP using Control4.

No issues at all.

Excellent - what driver are you using?  You wouldn't happen to know any more about controlling these boxes via IP, would you?  I may switch to these boxes in the future and would love to be able to change channels via IP commands for non-Control4 purposes.

• 5 months later...

Do you have to do any config on the STBs to turn on IP control, or should it work by default?  Do you need to set DHCP reservations so that the IP address stays constant?

16 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Do you have to do any config on the STBs to turn on IP control, or should it work by default?  Do you need to set DHCP reservations so that the IP address stays constant?

It's all in the driver documentation 

And looking through the XML it seems that IP control is turned on by doing the following:

1) Activate IP Control on your STB (this requires the Xfinity Remote and an Ethernet connection to the SB):

* Press and Hold the Xfinity button for 3 seconds.
  * Press the "DOWN", "DOWN", "3" buttons.
  * This will open the STB Diagnostics Menu (there will be several seconds of lag while it loads).
  * Scroll down to 'Remote Controls' and select.
  * Scroll to IP Control and select.
  * With the Diagnostics IP Control page open:
    - Press and Hold "A" for 5 seconds.
    - Press "4", "7", "7" buttons ("I","P","R").
    - Press and Hold "A" for 5 seconds.
  * A message will tell you that you are activating IP Control and your STB will reboot.

Does anyone have any documentation on how the STBs are controlled?  With Roku there is a REST API and you can use a browser to hit an IP address and send keypresses, start an app, etc.  Is there something similar that anyone has found for the Xfinity STBs?

And the address type is shown as SSL rather than IP - anyone know why that is?  The only other device that I have that uses SSL is the Unifi Controller.

How can we change the icons in the driver to be Rogers Ignite icons rather than Xfinity icons?  I tried creating all of the icons and replacing all of the png files and then tried to rezip the file into a c4z, but C4 doesn't like the file when we try to add it.