C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE Remote Login

On 5/16/2023 at 5:50 PM, Cyknight said:

Only if the system has 4sight - though I recall hearing about some issues with certain 3.x versions that I don't know the state on.

System has 4sight.  I am getting the error message "invalid account, username or password".

Composer HE Remote Login.jpg

3 hours ago, ajd123 said:

System has 4sight.  I am getting the error message "invalid account, username or password".

Composer HE Remote Login.jpg

I never managed to connect as well, am getting same error. That’s why I connect via Tailscale to my NUC in my network and take it from there!

My familiarity with HE is limited for obvious reasons, but two main things can stop Composer connecting remotely:

-1 the system is set to not allow remote connection (this is specific to dealer access as such but could affect HE), which is set under customer.control4.com

-2 the system does not have a dealer set as the registered dealer. Again that is dealer specific BUT I suspect that if you have ComposerHE licensed to a system, remotely at least, that HE likely can only connect to THAT system (as it presumably checks if there's a valid license for that connection)

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We are also a C4 dealer and have been having difficulty helping one of our clients with Composer HE. They can login while on the home network, but not remotely. From our office, we are able to login remotely to their system using Composer and Composer HE but no one else seems to be able to. 

• The client has tried using multiple computers (windows 11)
  • The client has tried using different networks
  • One of our techs tried to login remotely using a personal computer and was not able to as well
  • We have been in touch with C4 support and they haven't been able to provide us with a solution yet. 

10 minutes ago, jimf said:

Hello,

We are also a C4 dealer and have been having difficulty helping one of our clients with Composer HE. They can login while on the home network, but not remotely. From our office, we are able to login remotely to their system using Composer and Composer HE but no one else seems to be able to. 

• The client has tried using multiple computers (windows 11)
  • The client has tried using different networks
  • One of our techs tried to login remotely using a personal computer and was not able to as well
  • We have been in touch with C4 support and they haven't been able to provide us with a solution yet. 

To use HE remotely (not Pro) you need to be on a VPN so you are on the local network of the controller.  So don't try different networks, did they try connecting to the home/location of the controller via a VPN on the same network?

5 hours ago, ajd123 said:

Why would they have designed a program with a feature for remote login that requires a VPN for remote login. I feel like this is a work around, but not a solution which the developers need to address.

HE is meant for home users.  Home users are typically on their home network

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.