C4 Forums | Control4

Customer portal "voice control" issue

On customer.control4.com, I can no longer see my voice enabled devices.

I get an error that my system isn't linked. I've had this linked and working for over a year, this page usually works fine (mentioning this because when then has never displayed anything for me, not a big deal). 

The weird part is that most (but not all) of my c4 devices still work from Alexa. New devices that were just added yesterday (when I noticed this issue) even show up and are controlled correctly. Some of the non working devices are devices that have been in my system from day 1. 

I have disabled and re-enabled (and re-authenticated) the skill in Alexa.

I have active 4sight and can control my system off network.

I haven't used that voice page in a month or so.

I'm on 3.3.3, ea3v2 controller. 

I have hard rebooted the controller.

The voice scenes driver exists in my project. 

Any ideas?

Thank y'all 

Screenshot_20230721_080343_Chrome.jpg

• SpencerT changed the title to Customer portal "voice control" issue

1 hour ago, SpencerT said:

Thanks, have done that a couple of times now. No joy. 

I have exactly the same issue.  The C4 website shows the same message, but Alexa control works fine.  I haven't tried troubleshooting it, because I haven't run into any devices (yet) that don't respond to voice.

18 minutes ago, DLite said:

I have exactly the same issue.  The C4 website shows the same message, but Alexa control works fine.  I haven't tried troubleshooting it, because I haven't run into any devices (yet) that don't respond to voice.

Interesting. When did it quit working for you?

My problem is that it used to work (probably a month ago was the last time I checked). I have disabled devices on that page that I was either using native Alexa skills for, or devices I wasn't ready to discover into Alexa.

Now I want to go back in and switch some of them back on so they will be discovered, but I can't.

41 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

Interesting. When did it quit working for you?

My problem is that it used to work (probably a month ago was the last time I checked). I have disabled devices on that page that I was either using native Alexa skills for, or devices I wasn't ready to discover into Alexa.

Now I want to go back in and switch some of them back on so they will be discovered, but I can't.

After reading this thread, I decided to login to the C4 website to see if I had the same issue, and that is when I noticed it.  So, I really have no idea when it started. As I mentioned, I haven’t noticed any problems with voice control in our house. Granted, we use it relatively sparingly — sometimes for lights, and more often to turn on music.

It is annoying, for sure.

7 minutes ago, DLite said:

After reading this thread, I decided to login to the C4 website to see if I had the same issue, and that is when I noticed it.  So, I really have no idea when it started. As I mentioned, I haven’t noticed any problems with voice control in our house. Granted, we use it relatively sparingly — sometimes for lights, and more often to turn on music.

It is annoying, for sure.

Weird. I'm wondering if there is some larger issue with the voice portal. 

Most of my c4 voice stuff worked last night with the exception of 2 devices. Today, those 2 devices work again. 

Now I just need to figure out how to re-enable the stuff I turned off in the portal. 

23 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

Weird. I'm wondering if there is some larger issue with the voice portal. 

Most of my c4 voice stuff worked last night with the exception of 2 devices. Today, those 2 devices work again. 

Now I just need to figure out how to re-enable the stuff I turned off in the portal. 

It is definitely weird, and it does seem like there is something up on the back end. I am reluctant to disable and re-enable the skill or do anything else, because I figure there is a 50/50 chance that will kill the functionality I still have.

32 minutes ago, DLite said:

It is definitely weird, and it does seem like there is something up on the back end. I am reluctant to disable and re-enable the skill or do anything else, because I figure there is a 50/50 chance that will kill the functionality I still have.

I don't blame you.

33 minutes ago, c4toys said:

after enabling the skill on alexa side, have you re-discovered devices?

Yep. So it actually forces a rediscover when you relink the skill, but I've tried rediscovering a few times outside of redoing the skill. 

I've even deleted working c4 devices from Alexa. it rediscovers the deleted devices but I still get the error in the portal (and can't seem to recover the devices I've disabled in the portal vs. disabled in Alexa). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.