C4 Forums | Control4

Halo Touch disconnecting from WiFi after update?

Has anyone else had issues with Halo touch disconnecting from WiFi recently? Or to be precise, the symbol in the top shows empty “bars” of reception and network settings says connected but has a negative 2 million RSSI. 

It seems like a remote restart is needed to resolve. Also of interest, it seems to only lose connection after initially launching something via “watch” when room is off. 

I suspect it may be related to the recent Halo update but it’s hard to remember exactly when the issue first started. It’s happened to both of my remotes. Prior to last few days the remotes were rock solid. 

I had constant issues with my Halo touch remote disconnecting from my Wi-Fi randomly or freezing and needing a restart prior to the new 1.7 update they just pushed. I even had set up a scheduled event one time a day, everyday to do a power cycle just to "fix" it. Ive been testing the remote on the new 1.7 update without the scheduled restart and its so far working fine for me with none of the prior mentioned issues. 

Are you sure your remote is running the new update 1.7?

Also my remote was not taking the 1.7 update when I tried pushing it through Composer Pro at first, I ended up having to do a complete factory reset and just set it up for the room again and it was running the new 1.7. But after all that I haven't had an issue since doing it last week.

Maybe try doing a complete factory reset? 

No issues with mine. I have like 6 of them and am running the latest firmware. Prior to the update I would have random issues where the remote would act like it was taking commands but nothing would happen on the tv and I would have to reboot the remote to get it working. So far with the latest update I haven’t experienced that again either. 

Have had fewer wifi drops on the few remaining I have.  So far no noticeable improvement in battery life for the most frequently used after firmware update; it is lasting at best one day before needing to be docked.  Also, all of the remotes have a 'waking' message dialog that shows up for 4-5 seconds when using for first time after a longer period of time with no use.  That has to be new as wasn't getting that message before. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did a factory reset on one Halo Touch and thought it fixed it. For a week or two I didn’t have any disconnects. Alas this morning it happened again. 

Once this message appears is there any way to attempt reconnect without a restart? I can’t figure it out but it feels odd. This message completely freezes the remote. Why wouldn’t there be a way to attempt reconnect?

IMG_1487.jpeg

There’s ongoing discussion about WiFi and other issues after update in the 1.7 thread. I think that’s the best place to continue discussion because people there have filed a bug report.