C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Connect

There is an issue I'm experiencing where I will play a playlist on Spotify Connect and it stop after the first song. I also have this issue with another playlist where it will do the same thing but with a song farther down in the playlist. I have noticed other people experiencing this same issue too. It hangs at the very end of the song and Control4 still says its playing. Once you skip the song the playlist is fine again.  

Lots of Spotify and Ryff issues in general lately.  It would seem like something was pushed.  I have seen other users reporting similar things such as:

- Start audio in one zone and another zone randomly activates
- Spotify and other sources reporting they are playing, but no audio (must reboot director)

@ChrisHenderson Can you confirm that Control4 is aware of issues and they are being worked on?

On 3/13/2024 at 8:42 PM, ChrisHenderson said:

@Cooper Are you still having this problem?

Hello @ChrisHenderson I am still having this issue as well. I've been speaking with Spotify support for a couple of weeks now testing back and forth and it seems the issue is coming from the control4 side. Connecting to other speakers that aren't control4 doesn't create the issue.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:29 AM, LollerAgent said:

Lots of Spotify and Ryff issues in general lately.  It would seem like something was pushed.  I have seen other users reporting similar things such as:

- Start audio in one zone and another zone randomly activates
- Spotify and other sources reporting they are playing, but no audio (must reboot director)

@ChrisHenderson Can you confirm that Control4 is aware of issues and they are being worked on?

I was on PTO for a week until today. Sorry for the delay. I'll ask.

I am having this issue as well. Can't find a pattern.

Usually stops playing after the first song when the listen session is triggered from a saved Spotify preset playlist from a T4 (any navigator really). Pressing skip sometimes sorts things out, sometimes it pauses again at the end of a later song (not always the next song).

Initiating the listen from the Spotify app seems to do better, but still sometimes faces the same problem.

I'll try to get some logs and share here.

Usually, when this behavior occurs, it indicates that another stream is active on the same account, either from another mobile device or a different source. If you stop and then play or proceed to the next track, it often interrupts the other person. The only troubleshooting option available would be  to contact Tech Support.

There's only one stream that is ever active on my end and I continue to have the issue almost every day. 

Example: Go to a playlist and play the first track, once the first track is over the music stops and it doesn't go to the next track. I have to manually start the next track and hope the next song plays after that.

Just heard back. There is an issue with Spotify skip fwd/back not working 100% that we're looking into. I'd recommend taking it up your other issues with Control4's tech support. If that doesn't get anywhere after a week or so, I can track people down and make sure progress is made.