C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Connect

9 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Usually, when this behavior occurs, it indicates that another stream is active on the same account, either from another mobile device or a different source. If you stop and then play or proceed to the next track, it often interrupts the other person. The only troubleshooting option available would be  to contact Tech Support.

The source of this is definitely not due to takeover on the same account. It happens when the account is not in use anywhere and my issues match @ramram23's exactly.

I have recently resorted to playing from my Spotify app instead of initiating from the "Listen" in the navigator as the problem seems to crop up less in that flow - which is why my log may suggest an initial takeover.

But a takeover isn't what's causing the track to stop. When another device uses my Spotify account it closes the session in C4.

Here's some more details if it helps:

This always happens for me with the "Morning Commute" playlist saved as a preset initiated from "Listen" on the navigator.

When the bug occurs and playback stops the navigator shows as if it's still playing (see attached navigator photo).

When the bug occurs, Spotify keeps counting up if viewed on the app (see attached Spotify app screenshot).

So it's as if the song never ends so it never proceeds to the next song.

Screenshot_20240326-095640.png

PXL_20240325_235610887.jpg

I just started having Spotify Connect issues too -- playlists stopping after one song for the past few days. No recent changes to Control4, my broader environment or use. Therefore, I believe (as others have said) something's happened in the stack.

I assume this is a very popular integration, including beyond C4 (if the issue ends up being on Spotify’s end/API), so hopefully that means more reports/data will come in and suggest a culprit/solution.

5 hours ago, booch said:

I just started having Spotify Connect issues too -- playlists stopping after one song for the past few days. No recent changes to Control4, my broader environment or use. Therefore, I believe (as others have said) something's happened in the stack.

I assume this is a very popular integration, including beyond C4 (if the issue ends up being on Spotify’s end/API), so hopefully that means more reports/data will come in and suggest a culprit/solution.

Glad to hear more people are having the same issue. It's definitely on the C4 side, if you were to play music over any other system or car you wouldn't have the same issue. It's also been brought up to Spotify and they mentioned no issues on their end and that it must be a C4 issue. I hope we can resolve this sooner rather than later because it is pretty annoying to deal with.

Exactly the same issue here in Oz. Spotify playlists will play a few tracks, then just stop. The counter on the screen is moving along as though it is playing fine, and the 'pause' button is showing (as it does when it's playing), but it's not playing. You can hit the pause button and then hit play again, and the counter stops and starts, but no music. Only way to get it to play again is to hit fast forward or rewind to another track. 

On 3/25/2024 at 6:05 PM, marc4 said:

Here's some more details if it helps:

This always happens for me with the "Morning Commute" playlist saved as a preset initiated from "Listen" on the navigator.

When the bug occurs and playback stops the navigator shows as if it's still playing (see attached navigator photo).

When the bug occurs, Spotify keeps counting up if viewed on the app (see attached Spotify app screenshot).

So it's as if the song never ends so it never proceeds to the next song.

Screenshot_20240326-095640.png

PXL_20240325_235610887.jpg

Thanks for the information! I'll link to your post in the bug, AV-9682. When I checked on it just now, it looks like there's a fix in OS 3.4.2.708662, but it isn't publicly available yet (pending the OS team's testing and release schedule). I asked when it'll be available and will let you know.

27 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It was reported on March 25. It hasn't been a month...it's been 19 days...

No update I'm aware of

This thread started on March 10th, and today is April 14th. It took 15 days to be reported? lol

Just adding my voice to the conversation.  I'm having the same issue.  Been happening for about a month.  Pretty inconsistent on which playlists it happens on.  The issue is as marc4 has described above, the song just continues to play seemingly forever.

Thanks @ChrisHenderson for escalating the issue and helping to get it resolved.