C4 Forums | Control4

Blue color on Switches

fdastoor

Question

Is there a way to change color of blue light at bottom of control4 switches.

Can they also be changed according to state of switch.

I tried to change it in default properties of project but that does not work.

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, fdastoor said:

Is there a way to change color of blue light at bottom of control4 switches.

Can they also be changed according to state of switch.

I tried to change it in default properties of project but that does not work.

project properties only apply to items added AFTER they are set.

But yes you can go to each light and set the colour as desired (on any c4 light, many 3rd party lights is using keypads, but not all)

Note, you can do one, then press apply to to pus it to any others you want as well)

I have gone to the property of the switch and made changes: green for ON and Red for off.  BUT the blue light does not change.

The switch i have is C4-V-SW120277. It has a single LED at the bottom that stays Blue in color. Is this switch LED Programmable?

I am sorry for the repeated same question

42 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Correct. But the driver for them also doesn't let you pick colors 

Sort of correct - what the driver DOES allow you to do is to select colors for the top/bottom/toggle BUT those only work for attached keypads etc. - which is what I'm guessing OP means when he says he's changing settings but it doesn't 'do' anything.

Indeed, you cannot change the color of the LED on the bottom of essential devices, only the intensity or reveerse it's indicator function, or ave it off, or programmed, but not what colour it is).

I suppose I misspoke when I said you can do it on ANY C4 lighting, wasn't thinking of the essential line.

fdastoor

In case you didn't follow the above, and for future seekers.
The LED indicator on essentials devices (like the one you specified) are physically only capable of being blue.
But if you make a connection link to that device for a keypad button (KC, KD), then that connection color IS controlled by the settings of the essentials device.

Maybe you use pink for all the KD and non essentials in the house.
And you make a software connection for an essentials switch closet light to a KD, you'd want to be able to set that connection LED on the keypad to be pink too, (even though the physical LED on the essentials switch can only ever be blue.)
So you'd use the color settings of the essential switch to set software button connection link to pink to match the rest of the house.