C4 Forums | Control4

iPAD!!

club411

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does make you wonder....

If the pricing of the iPad moves lower -- as with most of these products, and people have one or more of them in there homes, will the C4 7" portable be something that will be discontinued.... ummm.

Just a thought....

It does make you wonder....

If the pricing of the iPad moves lower -- as with most of these products, and people have one or more of them in there homes, will the C4 7" portable be something that will be discontinued.... ummm.

Just a thought....

This won't take the place of a C4 touchpanel. It may in some instances, but not in general. Just like everything Apple makes, certain aspects of this will be a pain in the ass. You don't have the hard buttons like the WiFi touchpanel, etc...

There are things this will do better no doubt, but I don't see it replacing C4 touch panels.

I do agree with you Dan. However it would interesting to see, maybe in six months, if there is any market shift and the impact. We could possibly see something at a dealer level. But I'm thinking more from the Control4's market view.

I do agree with you Dan. However it would interesting to see, maybe in six months, if there is any market shift and the impact. We could possibly see something at a dealer level. But I'm thinking more from the Control4's market view.

Maybe C4 will change the license again and sell it for $1000. :(

Somehow I doubt C4 had anticipated this when they set the licensing and pricing for the iPod app. If it works it certainly may crowd out the wireless touchscreens, though I have no doubt c4's dedicated hardware will work better in a direct battle. Now my $300 license seems like a great deal.

I disagree. I think this will take the place of most of Control4's wireless touchpanels. I'd be willing to give up hard buttons for web browsing, checking email, etc. and the battery life is much longer.

I have never used either but I have seen posts here from more than one person saying that they prefer the iPhone to C4's dedicated hardware. Make the screen larger and (presumably) more responsive and doesn't that become even more the case?

Somehow I doubt C4 had anticipated this when they set the licensing and pricing for the iPod app. If it works it certainly may crowd out the wireless touchscreens, though I have no doubt c4's dedicated hardware will work better in a direct battle. Now my $300 license seems like a great deal.

My guess: iPhone interface comes with 9.99 subscription to 4sight. iPad = $300

No way they're going to miss this rev opportunity sadly to say.

I use the SR250's the majority of the time, but the iPhone is convenient while outside on the deck or when you want to type in a search for music / artist on Rhapsody. I did get the iPhone app in lieu of a touch screen, either in wall or portable.

Archived