C4 Forums | Control4

iPAD!!

club411

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$799 is still not a bad deal. (iPad $499 + lic. $300) I would pay it.

Exactly, the only comparison in C4's lineup is the 7" portable wi-fi touch screen, which runs $1500. An iPad with the C4 license is much faster (1 ghz processor) more memory, etc. And it can do so much more than be a C4 user interface, you can sit and surf the web, read an e-book, etc.

This is a no-brainer. At $1500 for the 7", and $2500 for the 10", the portable C4 touch screens are OFFICIALLY DEAD.

rip.jpg?t=1264621237

The last update of the iPod app was a fairly big step forward in stability and features. Before it was buggy but worked in a pinch, now its pretty stable and can stay locked on without going to sleep. Put an iPad and a dock in the family room - its going to go just where my unused 10" v1 touchscreen is now sitting (off).

It really surprises me that C4 doesn't make their own software for the iphone and allows a 3rd part to do so. If C4 wants to be in the software biz then they had either buy Control UI or write a native IPAD software interface for 2.0.

This surprises me as well. My only guess is with everything else going on - all the updates, the 4store, new products (like the media player), they didn't want to devote the resources to do this in-house. Also, I think it helps them justify charging $300 for it.

It really surprises me that C4 doesn't make their own software for the iphone and allows a 3rd part to do so. If C4 wants to be in the software biz then they had either buy Control UI or write a native IPAD software interface for 2.0.

This surprises me as well. My only guess is with everything else going on - all the updates' date=' the 4store, new products (like the media player), they didn't want to devote the resources to do this in-house. Also, I think it helps them justify charging $300 for it.[/quote']

^ as of right now there's no price for it. I believe C4 announced that the Control UI iPhone app would be "free" included in your new $9.99 subscription for 4sight.

The question at large is whether this platform will be included in this category ?

They aren't going to release every option version 1. They want to add the camera and multitasking , ect in version 2, 3, 4 ect

The Control UI app is amazing. I cant wait to use it on the iPad.

"The iPad is not as clumsy or as random as a C4 controller. An elegant remote for a more civilized time."

They aren't going to release every option version 1. They want to add the camera and multitasking , ect in version 2, 3, 4 ect

After dealing with the iPhone, I would expect a camera, multi-tasking, and flash in a tablet for "this day and age".

They aren't going to release every option version 1. They want to add the camera and multitasking ' date=' ect in version 2, 3, 4 ect[/quote']

After dealing with the iPhone, I would expect a camera, multi-tasking, and flash in a tablet for "this day and age".

Funny_Pictures_Star-Wars_Lack_of_Faith.jpg

They aren't going to release every option version 1. They want to add the camera and multitasking ' date=' ect in version 2, 3, 4 ect[/quote']

http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/Funny_Pictures_Star-Wars_Lack_of_Faith.jpg

facepalm.jpg

While I won't take the time to make an image like you did, I will go on record saying that Apple's lack of features is disturbing.

Yea, I'm sure you and Codeman would rather use Control4's dedicated touchscreens. :)

While I won't take the time to make an image like you did, I will go on record saying that Apple's lack of features is disturbing.

Yea, I'm sure you and Codeman would rather use Control4's dedicated touchscreens. :)

In my own home, I don't have any touch screens. I do have an iPhone, with the App in demo mode (I don't own a license for that app either because I don't use it) to show customers.

Maybe someone can perfrom the drop-test on a 7"and Apple thing and get back to us with the results. For as much as a bang the 7"WiFi, it seems to built with durability in mind. Can anyone tell me where final assembly on the 7"is done? How about the Apple tablet?

Archived