C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE Player IP Control, Control4 Driver

I wanted to provide a status update and request. We are working on the IP driver and have the IP controlled Dune player on hand for testing. I know there are some out there that have been using Dune with an IR driver. If you have access to the driver file, can you please e-mail it to me? Some of the IP commands will have to be simulated IR commands (for instance, it will be sent via IP but the Dune player will "think" it is receving the command from the remote control). Having an IR driver will simply some of this work. If not its OK but just wanted to check and see.

Its OK. I have a Prime 3.0 remote so I'll just go through the process. Its not 5 minutes but its not too bad either as I only need the IR codes for the missing IP commands. Thanks for trying and I'll shoot you over the IP driver when its done to help beta.

The remote codes are also on the dune site

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/rc/

The IP control is working out great for me. Including the C4 media library and the remote codes over IP.

I have a pre-release driver from a company in the UK who will be having it available shortlly ( i would think based on the fact that i have no problems with the driver )

The factory (HDI) told me that Extra Veggies may be working on a driver as well. I suppose competition is a good thing to drive down price. I'm still beta testing mine (as it sounds like they are as well). It is over 900 lines and very in-depth (it is not just play, pause, etc.) not that theirs would be as they do great things (i.e., DirecTV driver).

We are giving ours away to anyone that buys a player through us (dealer or end-user). The end-user would still require a dealer to install it (you need composer pro) but you'll have the authentication code for them so it will be free.

Either way it is exciting as this is the best solution that is out right now in my opinion. Once its 100% (and now apparently I need to get on the stick) I'll make a new post with pics, features, details, etc.

The remote codes are also on the dune site

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/rc/

The IP control is working out great for me. Including the C4 media library and the remote codes over IP.

I have a pre-release driver from a company in the UK who will be having it available shortlly ( i would think based on the fact that i have no problems with the driver )

Any idea if they need another beta tester? I have a dune already integrated with IR with over 500 DVDs and 100 Blurays.

I'm very interested in this as well. Is anyone using the Dune with bluray .ISO's? I haven't seen a decent ripped bluray solution yet, wondering if this is finally the box that does it properly. Also, is this the Dune HD Max that we're referring to?

Ive been playing bluray .iso rips with the dune prime 3.0 for about 3 months now without any problems. I must mention that your network needs to be pretty robust if you are going to stream these. I had to really work on my network to get things streaming properly.

Trying to steal my thunder Joe :) haha

Anyway expect a post asap with all the details regarding the other driver coming out for it (with pricing, how to obtain it, and some screen shots showing the capabilities). Two options = inherently cheaper driver for everyone. I just want to sell lots of players (we had to commit to selling a ton of them to become a US distributor) so its fine by me that the driver price will be driven down somewhat.

Either way, with a Dune the blu ray iso capabity is there along with TrueHD, etc. and the other things you've been missing in the past. I haven't played with the new netgear yet but other than that I've been most happy with this product.

Trying to steal my thunder Joe :) haha

Anyway expect a post asap with all the details regarding the other driver coming out for it (with pricing, how to obtain it, and some screen shots showing the capabilities). Two options = inherently cheaper driver for everyone. I just want to sell lots of players (we had to commit to selling a ton of them to become a US distributor) so its fine by me that the driver price will be driven down somewhat.

Either way, with a Dune the blu ray iso capabity is there along with TrueHD, etc. and the other things you've been missing in the past. I haven't played with the new netgear yet but other than that I've been most happy with this product.

Diamond Design, I am interested in one of these due it being a network media player, as well as having a physical bluray drive as well. Could you please email me pricing for the player, including the Control4 driver?

Thanks!

Archived