C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE/C4 Dealer ***Diamond Design*** - THUMBS UP!!!

v5 is done but I made two versions. One for 2.0+ which is done and one for pre 2.0 which I need a few current driver owners on 1.7 or 1.8 to hit me up to test something out. In a few hours I'll replace the driver that is online on the store and you can access your order history and redownload it there (except you'll be getting v5). I may add the second driver for 1.7 and 1.8 depending on the tests.

There is now control on movie stop to make it go to either the dune home screen, black screen or the C4 Home Screen for that room without any dealer level programming (just pick it in the drop down). That is coming in a few days for End of Movie and its in beta now.

v5 changelog:

Fixed authentication power loss bug, added web broswer function, added movie stop handling options, changed always on feature to revert to black screen when Off command is sent, added 'Remove Black' and 'Google Search' as color button options, added 'local playback' functionality for files located on a hard drive inside the Dune.

To use local internal file playback, your Control4 Network File Storage Location (that references files on the Dune's Hard Drive) must be set with the IP Address of the Dune Player.

To utilize the web broswer, simply click on the * to enter a URL. However, it is recommended that if you utilize the Dune interface (for instance with MyMovies) that you also configure the player to show the web browser item on the main screen (Setup - Applications - Web Browser) as pressing the web browser icon will start it with an empty page shown.

Web browser notes: we recommend using the web browser with the diamond design Keyboard which has been thoroughly tested, proven to work and which also features a built in touchpad with backlight. Most models will not work as Dune runs on a version of Linux and bluetooth models also will not work.

Web browser commands: Enter web browser mode: *

Exit web browser mode: #

Refresh page: Repeat

Move focus to URL bar: * (once in web browser mode)

Open Google search: Optional Color Button

The remaining buttons, Enter, Rew, FF work as you would expect on the Control4 remote but not on the keyboards.

At this time the browser does not support flash, other multimedia formats or downloads. The latest HDI firmware allocates additional RAM to the web browsing feature.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'll take another look at the stop event. It should work in c4 2.1 (not sure what version you have) and probably 2.0. I'm sure the black screen works as I've tested it thoroughly on all versions but the go to C4 home screen is using a new command that wasn't out before and although it worked here I'll have to double check it. I don't think anyone's really used the command much as its new.

The dune doesn't save location (even with the IR remote and no control4) so if you want to pause you'll have to hit pause. With stop, you can get dune home screen, black screen or c4 home (once I double check the command).

If you have any issues with internal file playback, we noticed a small bug today and are issuing a fix (a new v5 driver) it will be for those with internal (inside the dune) media. Sometimes the IP address of the dune isn't getting picked up by the driver from director as it should so I'm adding a property box where you type it in under properties so that the driver will always have access to the IP of the dune. Will try and get it later today.

Archived