C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE/C4 Dealer ***Diamond Design*** - THUMBS UP!!!

Ok, I am using the same my movies version and Dune firmware version. I have noticed EVERY TIME I go from the Dune main menu screen to the my movies menu, the very first movie selection will result in a blank screen with a return to the DUNE home screen. Going back to my movies and selecting the movie will then work.

Can you confirm this behavior with your Dune,that in fact, it does happen like that EVERY TIME you switch from the DUNE home menu to the my movies menu?????

Thanks

My Dune does not reproduce this same behavior. In fact it hasn't happened since my last post, and I have been using the dune daily both with mymoives and the dune interface for my TV shows.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Although its not 100% (I still have to add about another 1000 products), the online store is up and running with all of the dune products except SATA hard drives which I'll try and add tonight. If you've obtained the driver the in the past, just add the free version to your shopping cart and check out and you'll always be able to access the latest version to download in your account under that order.

The site features online chat, trouble ticket, knowledge base, etc. Links to blog, facebook and twitter on the site. Spent about 6 months on development, now just have to finish adding products. Lots for the DIY crowd coming up soon including that I think users will will like.

www.diamondhomedesign.com/store

Thanks. My prior company was a paintball company that manufactured the worlds most expensive paintball gun ($1800 - $2600) and tons of other paintball products and the company that did ecommerce tie-in with microsoft at the time (through a plugin with front page originally) had a contest in 2003 for the best ecommerce site in the world using their product and we won it. I sold that company in 2004 but web programming and graphics is my background (so I had a learning curve with Lua-the c4 language-but at least had a head start).

I'm adding a ton of neat products that we use in installs that will be useful for DIY crowd. Some of them are easy to do yourself but if you dont want the hassel we will have them online (like RS232 kits over cat5 that you pick what it goes to on both ends (like C4300 to Sony Blu Ray or to Concord 4, Denon, etc. and the length you need and we cut it, terminate it and wire the RS232 converters for what is needed (straight, null, etc.).

Also selling all HDMI wire tested with our $7000 quantum data 780 that runs each wire through a series of tests and certifies them. You'd be surprised but about 1 out of 15 I open fails the test at 12bit.

Thanks. My prior company was a paintball company that manufactured the worlds most expensive paintball gun ($1800 - $2600) and tons of other paintball products and the company that did ecommerce tie-in with microsoft at the time (through a plugin with front page originally) had a contest in 2003 for the best ecommerce site in the world using their product and we won it. I sold that company in 2004 but web programming and graphics is my background (so I had a learning curve with Lua-the c4 language-but at least had a head start).

I'm adding a ton of neat products that we use in installs that will be useful for DIY crowd. Some of them are easy to do yourself but if you dont want the hassel we will have them online (like RS232 kits over cat5 that you pick what it goes to on both ends (like C4300 to Sony Blu Ray or to Concord 4, Denon, etc. and the length you need and we cut it, terminate it and wire the RS232 converters for what is needed (straight, null, etc.).

Also selling all HDMI wire tested with our $7000 quantum data 780 that runs each wire through a series of tests and certifies them. You'd be surprised but about 1 out of 15 I open fails the test at 12bit.

What was your previous company? We're you manufacturing and selling the "Angel" lines of guns? I got out about 8 years ago, but used to play paintball "professionally" (if you can call it that) :lol:

I owned Adrenalin (changed name in 2002 to Adrenaline) Products, Inc. We made the Adrenalin (Adrenaline) Angel and stopped in 2002 to make the Adrenaline Impulse. see http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29431 We made about 30 other products too (triggers, feed necks, volumizers, hammers, etc.). Sourcing the various parts/components really helped in our current and new upcoming projects sourcing parts and components from all over (Bulgaira, Hong Kong, etc.).

Also played for Adrenaline, http://www.paintball.com/story.php?aid=679 , All Americans, Philly Americans (bench warmer only), and Red Legion out of Moscow. If you have the original Gregg Hastings paintball game for the old Xbox or playstation 2, in order to win the game in career mode in 3man, you have to beat me and my team in the final match as we were the 3 man world champs the year the game came out :) I dont even own an xbox v1 anymore but I saved a copy of that game (for my son to see one day). Too bad the game itself kinda sucked but Acclaim "rasterized" my jersey into so I bought like 10 copies back then lol.

Very cool. I really miss playing, just don't have time anymore. We could share some stories.

I still have a custom built Auto-Cocker in my gun safe, I haven't touched in 7 or 8 years. It is one bad-ass gun, one that I played with a lot and could never bring myself to part with over the years.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread. I won't continue on about Paintball anymore =)

As an example of what we made back then, here's a 2001 model on you tube ripping at 16 balls a second no breaks. Thats gun was sold new in 2001 at that rate of fire

The machining of a "Blue Storm" 2001 model can be seen here:

Fun stuff. I wish I still owned one of various guns but I sold all 4 serial #1s (we made 4 guns overall) on ebay for $$ like an idiot.

As an example of what we made back then, here's a 2001 model on you tube ripping at 16 balls a second no breaks. Thats gun was sold new in 2001 at that rate of fire

The machining of a "Blue Storm" 2001 model can be seen here:

Fun stuff. I wish I still owned one of various guns but I sold all 4 serial #1s (we made 4 guns overall) on ebay for $$ like an idiot.

I had two different Angels, don't remember the models. They were great guns. I had never seen anything for so many rounds so fast.

Hi James. What you are doing is awesome.

Regarding your Driver.

1/ Will it work with a Dune Duo?

2/ Will it select and play off either of the Duo's hard disk drives? This is where my movies are stored. DVD's on one disk. Blu rays on the other.

3/ Will I get 2 way feedback on the SR250 and ipad?

4/ Does it matter if my library is srapped with DuneX?

5/ Can I "search" from the SR250?

6/ Once I order it and pay via paypal, can you do a remote loggin and set things up for me?

7/ What do I do with my old IR control? Can I still use this as a "backup" if things don't work 100% all the time with your driver?

Thanks

Wap

No that is some pimp firware too. You alarm me though, if you have it and are having issues please let me know.

This firmware will make a lot of new things possible that wasn't before with Dune/c4 due to hardware limitations.

1/ Will it work with a Dune Duo?

Yes. All models from 3.0 Base forward but not the Lite.

2/ Will it select and play off either of the Duo's hard disk drives? This is where my movies are stored. DVD's on one disk. Blu rays on the other. Yes, however, as stated previously, some people (although not all) have experienced occassional buffering from internal (inside the dune) hard drives. We know the reason and are in the process of changing it for good so it wont be an issue from V5 forward but the current driver does have that issue. We make the exact same profit regardless of which driver you use so if you want to use EV until v5 comes out (or forever) thats fine too of course.

3/ Will I get 2 way feedback on the SR250 and ipad? Yes its full 2 way communication. It says, here's the command and gets back, ok that worked or nope try again and it does try again.

4/ Does it matter if my library is srapped with DuneX? I know nothing about MACs unfortunately but I know others on here use DuneX. Basically, the command to play the movie and where its add comes from C4 not the dune. So if you can scan the media into C4 from wherever its at on the dune, it will play it. C4 can scan your dune drives as they share in SMB.

5/ Can I "search" from the SR250? The movies are listed on the screen if thats what you mean?

6/ Once I order it and pay via paypal, can you do a remote loggin and set things up for me? Yes, in the past we've charged $30 for driver installation. Once v5 comes out, I'll go in and swap it for no additional charge.

7/ What do I do with my old IR control? Can I still use this as a "backup" if things don't work 100% all the time with your driver? No you really dont want to have 2 media player drivers in the same room as the bindings and duplication would really confuse things. I wouldn't delete it though, just unbind it and leave it there.

No that is some pimp firmware too. You alarm me though, if you have it and are having issues please let me know.

This firmware will make a lot of new things possible that wasn't before with Dune/c4 due to hardware limitations.

Will let you know tonight :)

Wanted to check in with the author (that's you) regarding compatibility prior to exposing my home system to it.

I have a question about the Dune Players and MyMovies. Would this setup work with my Sony 400 disk Bluray changer and more than 1 NAS? I like the C4 interface because everything is seamless but think the GUI is really really really poor (3 really's if you weren't counting lol). My desire would be to have everything work with MyMovies using the Dune player.

Also, I've already got a NV+ but I'm looking at picking up a Thecus N7700PRO and loading it up with 7 3TB drives. Anyone here using Thecus? It looks like a clear winner to me. I'm not overly impressed with Netgears new models as they have lost their performance crown a few years ago. They are now only OK IMHO :)

The dune will work just like you want it to. However, if you do utilize the c4 interface and scan the movies in, they will appear twice, once digitally and once from your 400 changer (assuming some are the same titles). You can use the dune with mymovies or c4 at the same time (like 1 movie using c4 and the next using mymovies).

We have 5 new higher end products coming out in about 6 weeks. 2 of the products are NAS products designed for this purpose (streaming movies with dual network cards with teaming, etc.) A smaller box unit with 6 drives and a bigger rackmount with 12 hot swap drives. Both run ddNAS which is an OS I paid way too much money to have made from one of the top NAS software companies :)

Never used Thecus but I've used a lot of readynas products and they've always been rock solid. Drobo's are harder to integrate in my limited experience with them.

Diamonddesign,

Can you explain the advantages of the various storage solutions you have on your website for your Dunes such as the D1? Am I correct to assume that if I'm only using the Dune to stream from my NAS all that I need is some memory to store the MyMovies data? If that's true is there any reason to go with the SSD over the flash? Also, why are the flash drives only given 2GB for the system?

Thanks,

Vampire

loading it up with 7 3TB drives

Hol-lee kuh-rap!! 21TBytes? In your house? Even losing some to RAID redundancy that would be a chunk-o-bits.

It wasn't that many years ago that large-scale corporate data centers didn't have that much disk capacity. I must be getting old. :(

1980 - The world's first gigabyte-capacity disk drive, the IBM 3380, was the size of a refrigerator, weighed 550 pounds (about 250 kg), and had a price tag of $40,000

loading it up with 7 3TB drives

Hol-lee kuh-rap!! 21TBytes? In your house? Even losing some to RAID redundancy that would be a chunk-o-bits.

It wasn't that many years ago that large-scale corporate data centers didn't have that much disk capacity. I must be getting old. :(

1980 - The world's first gigabyte-capacity disk drive' date=' the IBM 3380, was the size of a refrigerator, weighed 550 pounds (about 250 kg), and had a price tag of $40,000[/quote']

It's definitely bad ass ;)

I ended up going with the synology ds1511+ and 5 3TB Seagates. The beauty with that unit is that I can add on 2 More DX510 units which will give me 45TB and the 8TB in my little NV+ which will end up as a picture server/backup system.

Now I need a better media player that supports HD Audio. My 9150 is getting old..... Still not sure about what to do in that regard.

13,000 page views on this thread, I wish 10% bought a Dune :)

To answer your questions Vampire, the system only needs 2gb for the system storage and that is more than enough (it actually can survive on much less). The rest of the formatted USB or SSDs are used for your mymovies index. If you have 21tb of data, the SSD would be a wise upgrade for the price. It lets you browse the cover art much much faster than the USB (due to read/write times being so much faster). However, if you only have a couple hundred titles the USB usually works fine.

If you want more system storage, it can always be made 3/5 instead of 2/6.

I'm sure you have a nice collection. If Netflix ever loses their database now we know they can call you for backups!

v5 is almost done, lots of changes and a complete rework of the authentication system but your current code will work with the new system.

If you want to try the beta out that is missing 2 final parts just e-mail me (it already has the web browsing, fixed the bug on power loss/upgrading periodically losing control, new choice of what to do on stop between blackscreen, dune screen and c4 onscreen navigator screen and much more). I hope to get the final product finished fairly soon but I need to consult with someone more skilled than me first.

The beta is not on the store, you'll have to email if you want to try it now rather than wait.

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

Archived