C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE/C4 Dealer ***Diamond Design*** - THUMBS UP!!!

With a blank USB stick attached. I copied the file to a SD card and plugged it in the front of the unit. It then formatted the blank USB after executing the file from the SD card making the USB drive my system storage.

I then loaded my movies. I did have problems finding the my movies file on the system storage. So, copied the my movies file to the SD card to see how my movies worked.

Didn't have much time as it was valentines day. I need to figure out how to see files on the system storage tonight.

Hawk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to reload the firmware since it was already up to date and I was afraid it might cause problems. Loading the file on another drive makes the system storage without having to upgrade firmware. If you are upgrading firmware anyway just plug in the drive and it will format the drive. Sounds like it is working as advertised.

Is there a trick to viewing files on the system storage?

Hawk

Ok so I need some help here:

I am looking to finally branch into using the video portion of C4 (i.e. My Movies).

I would like to stream bluray, hd home video, dvd, etc.

I am planning on buying a readynas ultra 4 and now need a media player to go with.

Will this Dune Device integrate with my readynas and let me select movies from the my movies icon?

If so what Dune player do I need to get and how much does it cost to get the player, the driver, and it setup for my C4 system? (I do not need a blu ray player, just want to be able to stream movies in 1080p)?

I'm a Netgear partner and love Readynas. I use the Pro Pioneer at home but the new diskless business edition is the same thing essentially.

Chester, there is another thread on here about pricing. Its on the second page of it.

Thanks it looks like Duo or Max is the way to go. I had seen some chatter about netflix being integrated in the past. Is this currently available or will it be in the future? (I might actually get the Max and get rid of my lg bluray/netflix).

Chester,

Here is a pic taken from inside your Max. This is removing the hot swap bay and going underneath it to place the ultra tiny Pico USB drives I got in. You can see how small they are. Very tiny yet 8GB. I'm working on a file for everyone to take an 8gb drive (be it my SSD hard drives in stock or this usb stick) and format 2gb for system memory and the rest for mymovies so everything is on 1 stick. As of now this 8gb is formatted for system memory.

I have 2gb, 4gb and 8 in stock in both chrome/silver and nickel

usbmax1.jpg

usbmax2.jpg

Chester,

Here is a pic taken from inside your Max. This is removing the hot swap bay and going underneath it to place the ultra tiny Pico USB drives I got in. You can see how small they are. Very tiny yet 8GB. I'm working on a file for everyone to take an 8gb drive (be it my SSD hard drives in stock or this usb stick) and format 2gb for system memory and the rest for mymovies so everything is on 1 stick. As of now this 8gb is formatted for system memory.

http://www.diamondhomedesign.com/images/usbmax1.jpg

http://www.diamondhomedesign.com/images/usbmax2.jpg

Thanks can't wait to get it up and running!

Chester,

http://www.diamondhomedesign.com/images/usbmax1.jpg

http://www.diamondhomedesign.com/images/usbmax2.jpg

James is there an internal usb port on the B1 ?

James is there an internal usb port on the B1 ?

Sure is. Inside every single one of them. Its tough to get too. I'll probably post a how-to on our new blog (which is tied into the ecommerce store). You'll be ripping off the "void if removed" sticker except on D1s as they are allowed to be opened. We have stickers here I can reapply after we do it. Stickers are $4 for you!

just kidding not for sale :)

Until the blog post is up, if you want to play with it this weekend, losen the 3.5" hdd tray, take out the 2 screws of the faceplace (on each side) and pop it off an inch or 2 and the HDD tray should come off. If there is a ground wire on the HDD tray (there is on max and duo I know) then make sure you include that between the screw and the tray when you put it back on.

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I should have a lot to post about tomorrow. Should have v3 of the driver done by then with tons and tons of upgrades. Unlike what I had said in the past, there will probably just be 1 release whether you use mymovies or C4. It should work just fine with both I think (you could actually use both simultaneously I think). Why would you want to do that? Well you could use C4 in all rooms but theater and use mymovies for there if you had custom trailers (THX, etc.) you wanted to utilize easily.

I'm going to play around with programming to see if we can do trailers with C4 at all (like with variables: if the movie is being played in theater, play "X" and then play movie but I don't think that will work).

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I should have a lot to post about tomorrow. Should have v3 of the driver done by then with tons and tons of upgrades. Unlike what I had said in the past, there will probably just be 1 release whether you use mymovies or C4. It should work just fine with both I think (you could actually use both simultaneously I think). Why would you want to do that? Well you could use C4 in all rooms but theater and use mymovies for there if you had custom trailers (THX, etc.) you wanted to utilize easily.

I'm going to play around with programming to see if we can do trailers with C4 at all (like with variables: if the movie is being played in theater, play "X" and then play movie but I don't think that will work).

Now were talking!!!!......cant wait, thx again for your work on this James!

OK guys. Been working on it tonight since 8 and its wrapped up. Version 3 is now ready to deploy. Major major upgrades from the prior version. It is now a full 2 way driver in that if you send a command, it will check and see if it was received and if it doesn't go through it will try again and it will stack the command queues. There will only be 1 version as I have removed all "Black Screen" aspects so you can use it for C4 and with MyMovies, etc. (or both).

Thanks to Alan Chow for getting me started in driverworks and to Ryan E for all of his help as well.

Official V3 changes are as follows:

Added ability to play movies from Control4 Movies List, stability and repeat/queuing updates, removed black screen aspect on stop, fixed slow motion, changed FF and Rew codes to allow for variable speeds, fixed power management/standby issues, and added Mode, and Return button availability. I also changed the default buttons (for instance green is now return and guide is now slow motion) but those can be changed by your dealer to whatever you think you need most (to open/close disc tray etc.).

For everyone that has a driver prior to V3 (if you don't know then if you received it before 2/22 its prior to v3) then e-mail me or sales to get a new one. For the rest that have been waiting, wait no more!

OK guys. Been working on it tonight since 8 and its wrapped up. Version 3 is now ready to deploy. Major major upgrades from the prior version. It is now a full 2 way driver in that if you send a command, it will check and see if it was received and if it doesn't go through it will try again and it will stack the command queues. There will only be 1 version as I have removed all "Black Screen" aspects so you can use it for C4 and with MyMovies, etc. (or both).

Thanks to Alan Chow for getting me started in driverworks and to Ryan E for all of his help as well.

Official V3 changes are as follows:

Added ability to play movies from Control4 Movies List, stability and repeat/queuing updates, removed black screen aspect on stop, fixed slow motion, changed FF and Rew codes to allow for variable speeds, fixed power management/standby issues, and added Mode, and Return button availability. I also changed the default buttons (for instance green is now return and guide is now slow motion) but those can be changed by your dealer to whatever you think you need most (to open/close disc tray etc.).

For everyone that has a driver prior to V3 (if you don't know then if you received it before 2/22 its prior to v3) then e-mail me or sales to get a new one. For the rest that have been waiting, wait no more!

Mega thanks to James! I purchase my Dune MAX from James 2 weeks ago and everything he promise has happen. He has been a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend his services if you are buying a Dune player and C4 hardware/software programing. The Dune he sent me was up and running within 10 minutes. My trusted original (2006) PS3 using PS3 Media Software I used for streaming is now officially retired. The Dune has played everything stored on my Netgear Pioneer Pro NAS.

BTW James, my wife loves how the Dune Max Media player can be controlled by C4 using her IPAD!!!

Felix

James, thank you again for the driver update and your support!!

Just gave it a test drive with my Dune Max and she performed PERFECTLY!

I am back in business with my C4 GUI, bluray files, bluray iso's, dvd iso's all work!

Love all the new features and once again for anyone reading this post and searching for a solid, stable driver for C4 / Dune reach out to James

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

James, thank you again for the driver update and your support!!

Just gave it a test drive with my Dune Max and she performed PERFECTLY!

I am back in business with my C4 GUI, bluray files, bluray iso's, dvd iso's all work!

Love all the new features and once again for anyone reading this post and searching for a solid, stable driver for C4 / Dune reach out to James

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

James, the "Extra Vegetable" ( drivers) you served tonight works great!!!

You are one hard working dude!

Thanks again

vankaren

No problem. Just FYI he was referring to a DirecTV IP driver I installed for him to control DirecTV, not Dune :) (that was ours)

I've been asked about the default color buttons for Dune. For our driver they are as follows (but may be changed by composer):

Red = Main Dune Screen (the home)

Green = Return

Yellow = Subtitles

Blue = Audio Menu

Guide = Slow Motion

Menu = Menu

Info = Info

If you change guide to Pop Up Menu you will see options like repeat movie or go back to home screen upon completion, etc. Open/Close disc tray has been another one people have changed on B1s and Maxs.

I've been getting lots of requsts for remote installs of this driver. I will say that in dealing with customers so far, I'm amazed at how many of you guys already have composer pro. Anyway, whether you do or not, if you aren't having your local dealer install it and have asked for remote install, we will do it for $30 for the first player and $10 for each additional player. I called my C4 rep yesterday ahead of time to determine if this was OK. I don't want to step on any dealer's toes so this is more for the DIYs out there.

Maybe you could try a MyHome site or device trial license while I'm in your system (there C4 I did some upselling on MyHome and didn't even attend today's webinar!)

I have my movies set up and running on my Dune Duo. When I play a movie throught my movies it stutters during playback. However when I run it via the dune menu it runs fine. I am wondering if there is somthing wrong with the way I have my movies set up.

Thanks for any help

Todd

Chester,

I think its your box I got this message from UPS for tonight, just wanted to share it because I couldn't believe it when I read it. I insure all shipments that goodness.

Delivery Exception

Reason: TRAIN DERAILMENT

Maybe its just like 1 wheel off the track and not a major crash :)

Something I ran into tonight that I'd be interesting in knowing if anyone else has found/fixed. Much like tmork, I have an HDD in my Dune. Everything runs fine in MyMovies because, as I indicated above, I have it mapped to use the named mapping rather than a network one. Unfortunately, using the new driver with the C4 menu, it's using the network mapping, which brings back the stutter. So absent a way to tell the dune to use the named mapping for the internal drives, I would say that you can't use the C4 UI with an internal HDD.

My guess is that the pounding on the network interface is enough to slow the CPU down to the point where blu-rays stutter, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas to get around this?

Archived