C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE/C4 Dealer ***Diamond Design*** - THUMBS UP!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which driver version do you have strange_brew?

I have the EV driver actually. But I think I figured out the problem. Its a .AVI container, but the codec is actually dvsd, which I don't think is supported. So looks to me like I need to convert to Xvid or another supported Codec in the .AVI container. Is that a correct diagnosis?

Not sure really. I asked because the v4 of our driver has played all mpg, avi and even divx that I could throw at it. Could be what you're thinking though, just ask them I guess or check avsforum thread for dvsd and see if it comes up with something.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple quick questions:

I'm getting ready to have my C4 system installed the end of this month and want to include a Dune player. My installer isn't familiar with Dune and said I should self-purchase and they will attempt to integrate. Will that work? Anything I should know before going this route?

Next, I'm setting up a ReadyNas server to hold my media for streaming. I have been ripping ISOs of my DVDs and will use a sonos w/ ev driver and ITunes for the music source. What type of file structure should I use for the ISO files? Will the Dune play them if I place them in the iTunes media folder?

Thanks?

A couple quick questions:

I'm getting ready to have my C4 system installed the end of this month and want to include a Dune player. My installer isn't familiar with Dune and said I should self-purchase and they will attempt to integrate. Will that work? Anything I should know before going this route?

Next, I'm setting up a ReadyNas server to hold my media for streaming. I have been ripping ISOs of my DVDs and will use a sonos w/ ev driver and ITunes for the music source. What type of file structure should I use for the ISO files? Will the Dune play them if I place them in the iTunes media folder?

Thanks?

Once your dealer is done, get in touch with Janes and he'll hook you up.

O your can buy they player from Janes and give your dealer the driver. You night be looking at extra $$$ while your dealer figures it out (although it should be very straight forward).

Please don't call it an RSH. :) You may get me in trouble haha. It looks a lot like it but isn't made by Middle Atlantic and honestly I feel it improves on it as there is not as much assembly. Anyway, just e-mail sales@diamondhomedesign.com to order. I hope to have the site live ASAP. Working on it now. Its not a simple Yahoo webstore (nothing wrong with those though) but its a huge project but we are getting close. You will see we only do things 1 way and its 180%. That will be evidenced better early this summer as we have 3 big releases coming out then.

James:

I'm having an interesting problem with the C4 Dune driver. I have one of the D1 units with an internal drive. When I try to play something stored on the internal drive from C4, it stutters. When I play it directly from the Dune hard disk menu it works fine. My guess is that the C4 driver is pushing SMB, and that for whatever reason the driver or the dune isn't resolving to the local drive directly, and is still exercising the network. Any ideas on ways to have the C4 understand that a particular title is stored locally and have it access/run it directly?

Any other Dune users seeing similar issues?

Slightly different problem. I downloaded the iPhone/ipad remote control app for the Dune player and it worked pretty well prior to them being added to my C4 project. Now the remote app can't control the player and since the activation key needs to be re-entered by my installer (had a HC300 key which now needs to be an HC1000), only way to control it is via physical remote. Anybody encountered this problem?

Also, can someone do me a favor of downloading the dune iPhone remote control app (its free) and use it on your system to see if its still controllable without using C4? I suspect there is a bug in the driver somewhere that's preventing access to the player using the remote app. Thanks!

Slightly different problem. I downloaded the iPhone/ipad remote control app for the Dune player and it worked pretty well prior to them being added to my C4 project. Now the remote app can't control the player and since the activation key needs to be re-entered by my installer (had a HC300 key which now needs to be an HC1000), only way to control it is via physical remote. Anybody encountered this problem?

Also, can someone do me a favor of downloading the dune iPhone remote control app (its free) and use it on your system to see if its still controllable without using C4? I suspect there is a bug in the driver somewhere that's preventing access to the player using the remote app. Thanks!

Nevermind. New activation key entered in the system and its working for both the iphone app and C4 remote. Also had to change the power button settings from "power off" to "software standby" to allow C4 to turn it on when selected. Thanks James!

• 2 weeks later...

So, just to be perfectly clear (before I order a pair of these), they'll play 1080P BluRay ISO files, with full menu support, no problem...correct?

I'm so tired of dicking around with MKV and m2ts files I could scream. They're a PITA to rip properly (without wierd audio captioning, etc...) and the lack of menu support really blows.

If I can get two confirmations that BluRay ISO files will play without issues, I'm ordering a pair of these. One with the BluRay player, and one without. Along with the rack mount kit that puts them side by side.

Thanks in advance for your confirmations.

you mean the Dune main screen after selecting it from C4? You can turn off all the icons except the optical drive on the main screen or do a black/blank screen.

I was thinking more of launching the MyMovies app after selecting Dune from C4 instead of getting the dune menu.

how can you do a black/blank screen? I have it setup to view everything from C4 interface and now if you stop the movie you can get into the Dune setup menu. I'd rather not have that. I would really prefer to just have the MyMovies app launch and be presented and not have the dune interface at all.

Family is watching American Idol right now so can't get to the Dune menu but if memory serves me right, its in the video options on the setup menu. To get it to launch MyMovies from C4 would require a change in the driver. Probably a property that could be set to launch the "Main Menu" or "MyMovies" when Dune Player is selected from C4. James could answer this better than I could :)

The blackscreen feature was something that about 10% liked and 90% didn't so we removed it. We had it so it went black on stop. The problem is, that won't work for mymovies users very well. We had to either do two drivers (one for c4 and one for mymovies) or one that worked well with both and we went with the second route.

If there were enough interest we could make a second version with stop = "black" rather than stop = stop. It was in the first version of the driver but again it was removed by request.

Archived