C4 Forums | Control4

DUNE/C4 Dealer ***Diamond Design*** - THUMBS UP!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't like how it now shows the dune interface. seems confusing to me. I don't know why people would want it the other way? I guess if using my movies it makes sense but how do you get my movies to just be the only icon on the front menu. I know attach external usb (or internal) flash but can you change the name from USB storage and have a different icon? I feel like both solutions are not idea the way it is implemented right now. Maybe I'm missing something. I don't want the suer to be abel to control the dune player at all or see the dune user interface at all. If i can just have C4 interface or just my movies then I would be happy. Is there a solution to this right now? thanks for all the feedback.

I only use the c4 interface with the dune for movie selection

with james' driver when you hit stop it then shows you the dune interface which to me is confusing I'm surprised that 90% of users want this. How are you controlling the dune? I would like to do just have C4 control the dune but i don't want access to the dune interface at all.

The original setup did the exact same thing on stop, except that it hid it from view by forcing blackscreen. So when you hit stop, the screen goes black. That doesn't work at all for mymovies users hence the need for 2 different drivers to alter this. Any icon on the main screen can be hidden. Most users hide all icons except disc tray (for b1 and max) and any mymovies shortcuts created like Genres, actors, all titles, etc.

Its fairly simple to change the stop to = black screen again, I would just have to issue a second driver series for those with no intention of ever using mymovies and that has no interest in seeing the dune menu. However, if you hide all icons except a disc tray, its not that bad really and you get a screen saver (if you are stopped for more than a few minutes).

However, I am adding some "events" to v5. Been working on adding "when movie finishes" as an event. I could add "when stop is pressed" as an event as well but I don't think you'd like it. You could go into programming and say when "movie finishes" occurs press the Control4 button which would take you back to the navigator. However, if you did that on stop it wouldnt be practical I don't think but its another option that I could add in and maintain 1 driver version (no need for 2 variations then) and you could make it return to c4 on stop rather than seeing dune homescreen?

ms2bmw, if you have the dune showing up under "watch" then you could select it from c4 and go straight to the dune mymovies icon list. You would hide all icons except the mymovies ones (again actors, decades, genres, etc.). On "watch" you would have your c4 movies list probably first and then you would see the dune player also. If you selected it, it would take you to the dune home screen which would then be your mymovies list.

James - I've sent a few e-mails (1 today and 1 a couple of days ago), but I haven't heard anything. Looking to see if I can get your driver on a trial basis while I demo an hd dune. If you happen to see this thread, I believe you can e-mail me through this board.

Thx,

tum

ms2bmw, if you have the dune showing up under "watch" then you could select it from c4 and go straight to the dune mymovies icon list. You would hide all icons except the mymovies ones (again actors, decades, genres, etc.). On "watch" you would have your c4 movies list probably first and then you would see the dune player also. If you selected it, it would take you to the dune home screen which would then be your mymovies list.

how do you do this?

Hey guys, I have to give a big shoutout to james (james@diamond design)for upgrading my system to 2.06 with a new h 300 in conjunction with the old h 300. During the update from 1.74 to 2.06 James assured me that everything would work fine and it did. All the light switches, Ipad, Iphone, c4 touchpanel and devices work like a charm. The system is so much faster with the additional h 300 and the new 2.06 GUI is very nice.

If you are in the market for a very good C4 guy who cares about your project, give him a call. Also if you need a Dune player, call James. He sold me a Dune Max with the ip driver and it rocks!!!

VanKaren

Hi,

I believe the driver now supports movie playback via C4 OSD. I am running V4 version.

I can scan all my DVD media via the C4 Media interface in Composer. How do I get C4 to scan my Blu-Ray folders? I have ripped my Blu-Ray discs to their native file structure (not ISO). Is there a specific .??? extension I need to tell C4 to scan for in order to have it find my Blu-Ray titles? I don't really want to chew up my storage space by making ISO files for each of my ripped Blu-Ray folders.

Or will I find MyMovies more satisfying experience? This will be more setup for me: I understand I need a Windows Media Center PC which I will have to acquire and set up...

Cheers...

.m2ts

The problem is most movies have a lot of them and Composer will find them all. You'll then need to figure out which one is the movie and delete the rest.

I'm about to order my Dune players, but have one last question. Do they upconvert DVD files to a higher resolution?

Dan,

Although I'd like to sell you the max, the smarts have the same chipset. They all upconvert. The newer models actually have a newer sigma chip than the prime 3.0. They must have just left it off of the website. Also, I know I told you I was out of D1s and H1s last week but I just confirmed that my delivery of ds and hs will be this week. As I stated, everything else is in stock.

AK1, I think you need to add mt2s and MKV to the video extension list when searching to obtain those files. Cover art in auto mode is sketchy but you will be able to find them individually.

AK1, I think you need to add mt2s and MKV to the video extension list when searching to obtain those files. Cover art in auto mode is sketchy but you will be able to find them individually.

James, How do you get cover art automatically, for videos or music? I've had to do them all indiviidually through the edit function. I do have all 3 boxes checked off in the scanning options, and I have 4Sight

Head down to the local church, temple, etc. that applies and pray a few times, then go back and scan. :) Seriously thats what I was saying its sketchy. One reason a lot of people use mymovies (in conjunction with C4 and the dune) is that it doesnt miss a single cover art or summary. For music its pretty good though (c4 autoscan). I'm talking about with Composer. Ask your dealer (I can't remember his name) for Composer ME (for free) to go in and scann if you don't already have it (or a full blown composer edition). For DVDs it gets folder formatted movies really well. For blu rays, it doesn't get hardly anything so you have to go in, select the movie, hit search and pull down the info from the choices it finds (it finds them when you do it this way).

Running through TV or Receiver? Just curious? Not that it would make a diff. because I dont think there is a way. Not on dune setup or anything. Try doing it in C4 programming. Just going off my head but go to the room on the right, select variables and say that when current device = dune. enter that as a line. Then go to current volume. There is an option to say current volume + ___ so it is basically saying when dune is selected, increase volume by X. Or you could use a default for the dune if you typically use a certain volume for it and you could change it as needed. This make sense?

Did some playing with audio level. Only thing that seem to make a difference was changing "Digital audio output mode" from PCM to "original bitstream". Got the audio level back to normal but not sure what other impact changing this may have.

Switch Programming Assitance Needed!

I just had a C4 system installed to my home however my installer is not very attentitve to programming switches, lighting fucntions in a reasonable amount of time. May someone help! Thank you

Archived