C4 Forums | Control4

Project Locked, dealer solution?

Hey All,

I know there are a few topics about the project locked bug, but most of them say different things, possible solutions, other people who haven't been able to resolve it, people who say it still exists in 2.0.6, and there are a few dealers saying they are seeing it as well.

I have tried multiple things, including fresh restores of windows, factory resets, rebooting, and making sure my software matches, but nothing works. Even right after a factory reset, I am immediately told my controller is locked, which makes me think it may not be the controller?

My question is for the dealers out there -

Do you happen to have a solution for the "Project Locked" bug? Is so what have you done that works to fix this?

Thanks everyone for the clarification!

- Brett

Nothing that I know of outside of having your dealer create the variable - if this is when you are receiving the project locked message. I know it exists on 2.0.4 and 2.0.6 as I have seen it personally. If you get it after doing a factory reset on your controller it's likely that you're doing something else entirely.

Check the timezone (and current time) on the controller (not sure if that can be changed in HE)? I had a project that was acting weird and it turned out that I'd forgotten to update the time, so SSL was not connecting properly. Set the time to match my computer (which was correct) and BAM straight in.

Kudos to Jake in tech support for that one.

Nothing that I know of outside of having your dealer create the variable - if this is when you are receiving the project locked message. I know it exists on 2.0.4 and 2.0.6 as I have seen it personally. If you get it after doing a factory reset on your controller it's likely that you're doing something else entirely.

The "Project Locked" message is coming up with every modification, not just with variables.

Check the timezone (and current time) on the controller.

This is actually the single only editable setting in my project that is not effected by the lock, and I did indeed have the timezone wrong originally, but still, no luck.

Yeah, Jake talked to my dealer several weeks ago- no joy here for that one though...

Hey Controlfouruserguy,

Are you saying that you see the problem as well? But your dealer wasn't even able to resolve it with the help of Control4 tech support?

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!

Yes backup project, delete directorstate.xml (i believe thats the file name) off of system, reload backup

After deleting both the DirectorState.xml and DirectorState.bak, I tried both with and without reboot, and when I would connect to the Director, it would still show my previous project. Is there something else that should be deleted as well?

• 2 weeks later...

I may not be right, it could be site specific. The customer is running 2.0.6, i'm not sure what version of HE. It is possible the version of HE is different or mismatched preventing it from working.

It would be great if it was possible in HE. If anyone knows the official word on this please let us know.

dogdvr, what version of HE / Director is the configuration that is working?

I may not be right, it could be site specific. The customer is running 2.0.6, i'm not sure what version of HE. It is possible the version of HE is different or mismatched preventing it from working.

It would be great if it was possible in HE. If anyone knows the official word on this please let us know.

dogdvr, what version of HE / Director is the configuration that is working?

I know version mismatch is typically the quick conclusion around here, but lets look to the fact that C4's error response doesn't make a bit of sense in this case.

No one is "most likely being updated" here... Would it be possible to have someone at C4 look at the source code and tell us ever instance where:

"The project is locked. The system is most likely being updated. No modifications can be made."

Then we could further evaluate our systems and even possibly give some logical steps to reproduce.

I had the same problem, it was solved by the dealer installing PRO, then uninstalling it.

I believe this will only solve the issue for 30days.

Looks like C4 have to provide a fix in the next update, as the Project Locked makes HE useless.

^It depends. I am not totally crippled by this- just need to bug my dealer (who, I might add, is getting weary of the long list of different types of VARs I need) often. But yes, 30 days is what I was also told.

Archived