C4 Forums | Control4

XM Channel linup changed - not updated in Composer?

Late last week the channel line-up for XM changed. I went into Composer to re-scan the XM channels and update my radio stations. - Composer did not find any of the changed channel numbers? Should I expect C4 to be updating this or do I have to manually change all of the existing ones?

Thanks

is there any demand for a master list with channel art in xml format that you could import and then strip out the channels you dont want?

exactly what I want!!!!

Well, no channel art, but here's a start - channels 2-169. Let me know what you think. Open composer ME/HE, click media, then import media list, choose the XML file, and let 'er rip.

Let me know what you think.

Edit to clarify - this is the XM channel lineup.

I am new with my C4 System, but I did not know that I had access to sirius or xm. Is this true, I would love to have sirius/xm in addition to rhapsody.

Is any extra hardware required?

Yes you need the Control4 AM/FM multi-tuner along with the XM module.

Is there any benefit to having the Control4 AM/FM/XM tuner vs. the EV Sonos driver which supports SiriusXM via music services? I already have the Sonos driver, but can get a good deal on the tuner. Just not sure if there is any benefit to it vs the EV driver?

Is there any benefit to having the Control4 AM/FM/XM tuner vs. the EV Sonos driver which supports SiriusXM via music services? I already have the Sonos driver, but can get a good deal on the tuner. Just not sure if there is any benefit to it vs the EV driver?

With sonos, you dont have to have any wires or antennas. The tuner you need to be able to get good reception with. That's pretty much it as far as I know.

If you already have a Sirius or XM account, it only cost $3 more a month for the web service, which is what Sonos uses...plus you don't have to worry about line of sight issues for the antenna.

• 5 months later...
is there any demand for a master list with channel art in xml format that you could import and then strip out the channels you dont want?

exactly what I want!!!!

Well' date=' no channel art, but here's a start - channels 2-169. Let me know what you think. Open composer ME/HE, click media, then import media list, choose the XML file, and let 'er rip.

Edit to clarify - this is the XM channel lineup.[/quote']

Codeman, many, many thanks. I don't understand why Control4 has not fixed this glitch, but your workaround saved me a lot of wasted time. The XML import works flawlessly::D

exactly what I want!!!!

Well' date=' no channel art, but here's a start - channels 2-169. Let me know what you think. Open composer ME/HE, click media, then import media list, choose the XML file, and let 'er rip.

Edit to clarify - this is the XM channel lineup.[/quote']

Codeman, many, many thanks. I don't understand why Control4 has not fixed this glitch, but your workaround saved me a lot of wasted time. The XML import works flawlessly::D

Glad you're enjoying it, you're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thing we spend all this money on these systems so that C4 can stay on top of these things... They should really remove the station search function if they no intention of ever updating the damn thing. It's been 6 months and nuthin'. Do no of the C4 developers actually use the system and notice this major annoyance? Also annoying is when XM adds and removes channels, and our $$$ C4 tuner can't see the channels...

the database behind the xm channel lineup has not been updated.

there is a tool to generate an updated XML list posted on the knowledgebase with updated listings and coverart. you'll have to have your/any dealer generate that xml list for you.

it also does internet radio stations.

Share that tool? Doesn't sound like a "dealer only" operation?

Here's a list of DirectTV gif for the channels....could help a little with that lineup (attached)

Archived