C4 Forums | Control4

Pool Control

Now I hate announcing this sort of thing on a Control4 forum, but sod it, I've had got nowhere here getting info on Control4 pool integration..

Seriously. How do they expect us to cough up 3-5K for a decent pool control solution if we don't even know the model no's, how it integrates, how it looks on the navigator etc..

I mean seriously!

This is what the interface looks like using the Jandy Aqualink RS driver.

poolcontrols.png

Thanks!

I've looked into getting the Jandy pool control gear.

All out cost including programming I reckon would come to around 8K.

You know given C4 composer could easily handle all the logic for pool control by itself, what we are paying for with serial interface into these Jandy and Pentair controllers, is alot of money just to 'interact' with the interface.

With a couple of wireless mains voltage relays, a c4 temp probe, and some low voltage wireless relays for the valves, this could all be done and programmed from WITHIN composer. At a fraction of the cost. Its just a matter of finding the waterproof rated relays with suitable wireless control compatible with C4....

• 2 weeks later...

The cost of the Pentair and Jandy controllers is not worth it in my opinion iif, as I did, all you want to control is:

* Pool light - use regular C4 switch - cost approx. $120

* Pool heater - for my heat exchanger, I used a C4 temperature probe cost $15 and a C4 thermostat cost approx. $300

* Pump - if its 110V a C4 outlet switch will work - cost approx. $120. If it's 220V, I am looking into using http://www.aubetech.com/products/produitsDetails.php?noLangue=2&noProduit=42 cost approx. $70 and a CardAccess http://www.cardaccess-inc.com/automation/products/index.php?a=details&i=10 cost not sure $100?

• 1 year later...

Ok I need some C4 high powered help here:

I have a Jandy-Zodiac Aqualink RS One touch running Firmware I (firmware c-m can use IQ900-RS, N or newer can use the IQ900)

According to the on line tech support chat this can be upgraded to the IAqualink web/pda enabled system for approx $460 - 600 + installation. I am not sure if this will allow me to use the C4 driver.

There is a Jandy 7620 Generic serial adapter which I think is what I need to communicate with C4 - this costs $390 - 450 + installation.

I also came across Autelis.com - also claims it can control Jandy/Zodiac for $269

Anyone have any solid knowledge/experience? I really just want to be able to start up my hot tub and be able to control the temperature remotely.

I can already control my light so I am looking for control of pump and heater. I would like to be able to do this remotely and to have a more sophisticated timetable than what I have on the Jandy heater which is wher I can control the system. I can currently turn it on and off once per day.

Can I just hook a CardAccess Contact Relay into my Jandy heater/controller (I already have one of these in my pool cabana which is adjacent to the heater/pump)? You could probably get that to turn the heater on or off, you just have to integrate that into a thermostat so that you know the water temp. Is there any easy way to also use the temperature sensor on the CardAccess units. My saltwater cholorination control (Jandy aquapure 1400 I think) unit also reads the temp but I don't know how you would get that into C4.

Are your pumps 110V or 220V?

Is your Jandy controller compatible with the XC4 driver?

I can already control my light so I am looking for control of pump and heater. I would like to be able to do this remotely and to have a more sophisticated timetable than what I have on the Jandy heater which is wher I can control the system. I can currently turn it on and off once per day.

Can I just hook a CardAccess Contact Relay into my Jandy heater/controller (I already have one of these in my pool cabana which is adjacent to the heater/pump)? You could probably get that to turn the heater on or off, you just have to integrate that into a thermostat so that you know the water temp. Is there any easy way to also use the temperature sensor on the CardAccess units. My saltwater cholorination control (Jandy aquapure 1400 I think) unit also reads the temp but I don't know how you would get that into C4.

I think the pump is just 110V - I am in Canada as well. I don't technically have a separate Jandy controller - what I have is controlled by the LCD screen on the heater which is where you set the temp and set the timer, etc. This is about 5 years old and I think it is the Jandy Lite2.

OK, this setup sounds just like one we did for a client in W Van. Pool guy installed a thermocouple in the piping to measure the water temperature (not expensive). We integrated this with a C4 thermostat. Your Jandy Lite2 supports remote controlled operation from the documentation I can see online.

If your pumps are 110V, you could simply control them with a C4 switch (make sure the load is not too high for the switch) or an appropriate relay/contactor.

This would give you fully integrated pump on/off via C4 and scheduling as with any C4 switch. It would also give you temperature control via the C4 Tstat.

$1,000 probably sounds achievable.

Zaphod, PM for details

Yes you can connect a relay from what I've read. This will give you simple on/off. Connecting a Tstat would give you way more functionality: temperature control, proper GUI and controls in Navigator...

Archived