C4 Forums | Control4

2.1 Bugs

You have to think out of the DIY box for that one. 90% don't have or use Home Edition or Media Edition unlike the reverse probably here (90% the other way). Thats what you your using right :) j/k

Isn't it a real problem though when the system selects the wrong information?

To my knowledge not 1 brand of nas is working with autoscan on 2.1.1 however it has been corrected in 2.2 I'm told.

If someone is on 2.1.1 and autoscanning (like thursdays at 2 am) is actually working I'd like to know what your NAS settings are (like ip vs. named entry, etc.) but I doubt there is a work around or I would think Matt and the others would have mentioned it.

Autoscan works 100% for me. Not only that but no issues whatsoever with connecting and staying connected. I have never had any problems at all with any of my NASs and Control4. Trust me, I've experienced almost every problem known and then some but this is not one of them. If Control4 seems to think a fix was needed then fine but hopefully no other side-issue will come of this through 2.2.

I have the same problem with the Video Media scanning on my HC300V2 controller, running V2.1.1. I also know it does not happen on all the controllers that are on V2.1.1. If I press the "Stop Scan" roughly 30 times and then press the "Scan Now" after that, then it scans again.:)

If you aren't using autoscanning in the past you wouldn't see it. If you have the problem, press stop scan, reboot controller and you should be good to go. If it says "file must be on an active share" enter a username and password for the nas in the network file storage driver (even if guest is enabled) and you can scan. I had to do this twice recently, one on our NAS and last night on a Synology. It doesn't appear to be the nas brand now that I've seen 6 do it, its something in the local director (I believe someone said its the mm file on the dealer forums). Looks to be if autoscanning is/was enabled and you are on 2.1.x.

People (not me) are on 2.2 beta and it fixes it I'm told.

Archived