C4 Forums | Control4

2.1 Bugs

I know I will get killed with question, so be it - been around C4 for about 5 years and am happy with my 2.06 System. The "new" release of 2.1 seems to have more bugs than previous updates/releases, is this the case? Given the information posted on the forum, I am not interested on updating. Maybe the forum is more vocal now and the bugs are about the same with a new release?

Thoughts?

(again, love C4 and don't plan on going anywhere)

I also have not had many issues on 2.1.

The biggest issue (and the only one I've seen reported multiple times) is that the OSD (On-Screen Display) crashes on 2.1 more frequently than on 2.0.6, but I haven't experienced much of this.

RyanE

I also have not had many issues on 2.1.

The biggest issue (and the only one I've seen reported multiple times) is that the OSD (On-Screen Display) crashes on 2.1 more frequently than on 2.0.6, but I haven't experienced much of this.

RyanE

Also,

Read a lot about delays with cover art coming up, I use the cover art function with my 700 movie collection all the time, so the delay worries me.

I like 2.1. The cover art selection does look better, but the images take about two seconds or so to "cascade" in to place.

I think 2.1 was an improvement, but not the monumental improvement a lot thought it would be. After spending some time with it I think it looks better, and it fixed the zigbee bug I was experiencing.

If you use automated media scanning (programmed to scan a NFS at a preset time), I've heard that causes issues on underpowered (single controller) systems.

My experience is that this is the best update since 1.8x. My system is much faster and much more reliable. Previously (2.0.xxx) we had certain comands that would work 90% of the time. Since the update all programs/commands work 100% and I have seen a performance increase. I will be reluctant to upgrade to the next version after 2.1 since what we have now works sooo well. 2.1 is a great upgrade in our case.

Good Luck

On panels 7" or HomePC navigator:

When I'm llistening IP radio and click on its icon (bottom left corner) - menu jumps to radio station info, but it's lockated in Music->.

Due to that it's impossible to select another station from that menu (only turn on music that is in base), I should go Home->Listening->Radio Stations and choose it there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got updated to 2.1.1.135702 from 2.1.0. Everything works a lot better than before but I'm noticing an issue with media scanning and wondering if its just me. Before the update, I could manually scan my nas for movies and tell the system what file types to search. The system would then add those newly scanned files into the directory structure and then I could go in and search the new files to pull up cover art, etc. Now, after the update, when I manually scan for the new files, the system appears to not even be searching for files and doesn't return any new movies. Is it just me or is this a known problem?

thx,

tum

Just got updated to 2.1.1.135702 from 2.1.0. Everything works a lot better than before but I'm noticing an issue with media scanning and wondering if its just me. Before the update, I could manually scan my nas for movies and tell the system what file types to search. The system would then add those newly scanned files into the directory structure and then I could go in and search the new files to pull up cover art, etc. Now, after the update, when I manually scan for the new files, the system appears to not even be searching for files and doesn't return any new movies. Is it just me or is this a known problem?

thx,

tum

I have this exact problem on the same version you are running.

Same issue with me, my dealer indicated that this had been reported as a bug on the dealer forums.

Apparently if you power down the unit running director and power up you get the opportunity to do one scan, a least that's what my dealer did to get my music scanned in again after moving its location.

Automatic scan appears to be working as I have had a couple of movies added that have been picked up.

I have 2.1.1, and I add movies several times and week and never have a problem when I run a media scan.

I have added several new file types to the list, such as ISO, MKV and MP4. They're on the list, and they scan. I go to the media scanning properties area and initiate a scan there. Is that what you guys are doing too?

WHy would this work for me and not anyone else...I must be missing something.

I click on my nas and it shows the scanned movies. Then I hit scan, click add for mkv, and then try and scan. After it attempts to scan which is usually taking a second, the new movie does not show up. I was following the same steps in 2.1.0 and it worked without fail. It stopped working after I was updated to 2.1.1xxx last week. However, if it's working for some of you, maybe it's not the update but something else. I use my pc as my nas so maybe it's a windows issue.

tum

I click on my nas and it shows the scanned movies. Then I hit scan, click add for mkv, and then try and scan. After it attempts to scan which is usually taking a second, the new movie does not show up. I was following the same steps in 2.1.0 and it worked without fail. It stopped working after I was updated to 2.1.1xxx last week. However, if it's working for some of you, maybe it's not the update but something else. I use my pc as my nas so maybe it's a windows issue.

tum

I do mine differently. I'll post a screenshot of where I do it when I get home tonight.

It is up at the top of the media tab, not any specific device. There is a whole page there where you can Stu defaults and what not. I add them there and then scan from there. It works great.

I'll still post a screen shot because I realize those instructions are vague.

To my knowledge not 1 brand of nas is working with autoscan on 2.1.1 however it has been corrected in 2.2 I'm told.

If someone is on 2.1.1 and autoscanning (like thursdays at 2 am) is actually working I'd like to know what your NAS settings are (like ip vs. named entry, etc.) but I doubt there is a work around or I would think Matt and the others would have mentioned it.

Archived