C4 Forums | Control4

Colored Buttons on sr250

zazel1

Is there anyway we can to program the colored buttons to automatically set the controller to a specific room? I would like to be able to do this when the rooms are in the "off" state.

Also can the colored buttons be use to pull up a macro? I want to be able to hit one of the buttons so that it pulls up on of my panasonic IP cameras located in the security section. I do have the camera as a favorite on the C4 GUI.

thanks

Is there anyway we can to program the colored buttons to automatically set the controller to a specific room? I would like to be able to do this when the rooms are in the "off" state.

No, this isn't possible. It would be nice, but isn't possible.

Also can the colored buttons be use to pull up a macro? I want to be able to hit one of the buttons so that it pulls up on of my panasonic IP cameras located in the security section. I do have the camera as a favorite on the C4 GUI.

You don't need a macro. Just have the colored button call of up the favorite. I personally haven't done this, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

thanks

Anytime =D

Thanks for prompt response! Any chance for a walkthrough on how to program this?

Thanks tenfold!

I did a writeup on how to program those at www.c4diy.com. Search for "colored buttons".

If that doesn't get you there let me know and I will see what I can do.

• 6 months later...

Re opening this thread as I have a question which I am sure has a simple solution but I cant seem to get it right.

When I am watching cable (Sky) in my dining room, my coloured buttons are used for access to the programming guide, I had then decided it would be clever to set the red button to turn off that TV dim execute a light scene etc and then turn on the TV, light scene etc in my lounge.

The problem I have is that when I access the planner and hit the red button for an option it executes what I have programmed on it, looking up the various solutions I can't say if video source is cable do.... as it will be in both instances. Could one of you give me a hint here ? Can you do double taps on the SR250?

I also would have liked the SR250 to have jumped to Lounge when I executed this so I dont have to scroll through the menu, is that possible as well?

Thanks in advance

You can't have it change rooms via programming unfortunately.

You can do multi taps with the SR250. Look at my write up on C4DIY.com about how to create a sleep timer for an example.

You definitely can switch rooms (on the flash Navigator) through the Navigation Bookmarks/Favorites.

Save the home screen on room 2 as a favorite by hitting the star button, and naming the favorite (like 'room 2 home')

Go to programming for the Navigator device (touchscreen or controller) and go to navigation bookmarks. You can have the navigator select the 'room 2 home' bookmark. Executing this will make the navigator change rooms.

How is it different? What I posted can be accomplished in Composer HE.

The OP asked how to set the CONTROLLER to a different room. That is exactly what I described. You can't change rooms on the remote with one button, but that's not what was asked.

After rereading the whole thread, we are talking about different posts.

Sorry, beyond my programming ability I guess. I have no idea where to find stored favorites within CHE. Can you please tell me where those are within Composer? Aside from the two requests here, I am thinking users want to change rooms (on an SR for example) with the push of just one button. Let's let them confirm.

The favorites are listed under the actions for the Navigator device (TS or OSD).

So select your HC300, for example, on the right hand side of the programming tab. Choose bookmarks in the Commands menu. Your saved bookmarks should populate in the 'Switch to Navigator Bookmark'.

You rock. I managed to program this. Thanks but why haven't you posted more here?

BTW, now that thegreatneed has pointed it out, I think you can also do the same thing easier, by programming a Room command to press the 'CONTROL4 button' in the room you want to switch the OnScreen to.

It needs no bookmarks, etc...

I haven't tested it, but it should work. What you *can't* do programmatically is change the room the SR250 is in.

RyanE

Ok, so I ve thought about this some more, bear with me as I write my thoughts:-

- When you select on the SR250 Watch TV the remote knows what you are doing so all the buttons for the TV work, so I dont quite get when u program something on the buttons that ends you up in a different room watching the TV the remote cant know that.

- In my experience you normally could write that sequence as a macro on most remotes with a command jump to room x nested.

Maybe RyanE could explain why the remote cant do this or have some kind of command programmable feature added so we could, I dont really want to have remotes at every TV, it sort of makes redundant a lot of the features of the SR 250 and the principle "one remote to do it all" - now whose idea was that!! Mr Control4 Will West.

BTW ILoveC4 could you post the link for double taps on the SR250, I have searched but I m struggle to find.... Thanks

The remote can't change rooms programmatically, because this functionality was not designed into the remote.

Nothing sinister, it just wasn't in the design.

Part of that reason is that, as a sleepy end node device, it's not listening for that command when it's asleep. It could certainly be designed around, but as far as I know, that's not on the roadmap. The only way to have a remote change rooms is to go through List Navigator (House -> Location -> Floor -> Room).

RyanE

I have 4 SR-250's, I'm not trying to avoid buying them, there relatively cheap and they are the best remotes I have ever had.

However, I have a few rooms with TV and whole home audio. I have them setup as different rooms so I can control the volume/power individually (i.e. Workout Room and Workout Room Music). It would be great to be able to switch rooms with the colored button and control what I needed instead of buying a second remote or going through the list and scrolling though my 20 rooms.

Either that or get rid of the SR-250.

You're certainly welcome to get rid of *your* SR-250's. You don't even need Control4's permission.

*this is what users want*... Hmmm. I think that might be a bit overstating it. So far, this is what a handful of users have asked for.

RyanE

P.S. Send 'em to me. :)

I'm skeptical that it's really that difficult to do or that time consuming that it needs to be put on a roadmap. IMHO, it would reduce sales of the SR-250 if you could tap one button and be in another room, and thats why its not implemented. Of course I also believe in conspiracy theories.

I wouldn't want to get rid of the SR-250 but if the above functionality can't or will not be offered it would be nice to come up with a solution for rooms with separate audio and video sources playing simultaneously.

I'm skeptical that it's really that difficult to do or that time consuming that it needs to be put on a roadmap.

Ah, the optimism of the uninformed and/or naive.

:)

While conspiracy theories abound, there's no reason for Control4 to not add that functionality, other than the many other things that are in the backlog.

If Control4 *really* didn't want people to be able to control multiple rooms with a single remote, they would disable the ability the on-screen display has to switch rooms.

The number of people who take advantage of the SR-250 switching rooms rapidly would pale in comparison, IMHO.

RyanE

Archived