C4 Forums | Control4

Colored Buttons on sr250

zazel1

I'm skeptical that it's really that difficult to do or that time consuming that it needs to be put on a roadmap.

Ah' date=' the optimism of the uninformed and/or naive.

:)

While conspiracy theories abound, there's no reason for Control4 to not add that functionality, other than the many other things that are in the backlog.

If Control4 *really* didn't want people to be able to control multiple rooms with a single remote, they would disable the ability the on-screen display has to switch rooms.

The number of people who take advantage of the SR-250 switching rooms rapidly would pale in comparison, IMHO.

RyanE[/quote']

I do it multiple times every day. I'd love to dedicate a colored button to toggling between two rooms.

I'm skeptical that it's really that difficult to do or that time consuming that it needs to be put on a roadmap. IMHO, it would reduce sales of the SR-250 if you could tap one button and be in another room, and thats why its not implemented. Of course I also believe in conspiracy theories.

I wouldn't want to get rid of the SR-250 but if the above functionality can't or will not be offered it would be nice to come up with a solution for rooms with separate audio and video sources playing simultaneously.

By your logic, touchscreens shouldn't have the ability to change rooms through programming, because allowing a touchscreen to control multiple rooms would decrease sales, and so would never be implemented. Oh wait...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with when the list navigator was developed (early in control4's history) when in fact you could NOT change rooms through programming. list navigator has changed very little in the last 5 years. flash navigator is completely new and opened up a whole new world of customization.

I'm skeptical that it's really that difficult to do or that time consuming that it needs to be put on a roadmap. IMHO' date=' it would reduce sales of the SR-250 if you could tap one button and be in another room, and thats why its not implemented. Of course I also believe in conspiracy theories.

I wouldn't want to get rid of the SR-250 but if the above functionality can't or will not be offered it would be nice to come up with a solution for rooms with separate audio and video sources playing simultaneously.[/quote']

By your logic, touchscreens shouldn't have the ability to change rooms through programming, because allowing a touchscreen to control multiple rooms would decrease sales, and so would never be implemented. Oh wait...

I'm sure it has nothing to do with when the list navigator was developed (early in control4's history) when in fact you could NOT change rooms through programming. list navigator has changed very little in the last 5 years. flash navigator is completely new and opened up a whole new world of customization.

Huh?

I can change the room with my SR-250 just like I can with any touchscreen. Neither have a one tap solution to change rooms. Yes it's easier on the touchscreen but you still have to tap on the room icon and then select one from the list just as you do with the SR-250.

I'm not sure what this has to do with flash vs list vs previous navigator. I am just asking for a programming solution through ComposerHE.

So now what were you trying to say again?

Again, it as thegreatheed pointed out in post #10. You don't select the controller like that post indicates. You need to select the room's ONSCREEN>COMMAND>BOOKMARKS. All of that is on the right, the button you are assigning this to is on the left.

Either that or get rid of the SR-250.

You're certainly welcome to get rid of *your* SR-250's. You don't even need Control4's permission.

*this is what users want*... Hmmm. I think that might be a bit overstating it. So far' date=' this is what a handful of users have asked for.

RyanE

P.S. Send 'em to me. :)[/quote']

Not quite what I was thinking. The SR-250 was a good product. And, compared to other dedicated Control4 interfaces it is the most portable of them all. Hard to believe some improvement can't be made to this however. Do you go another year or EOL it and bring out a modernized version?

All I have to go on is what you communicate. To me, the SR-250 is an anchor product. It is what I use the most and kids/moms can relate to it. Only regular users go for the TSs. None of my guests even hazard a touch or two of the TS before they are looking at me asking what does it do?

I really wonder what drove the new Portable vs. updating the basic control of a SR-250.

• 5 months later...
I do it a couple of times a week, and agree it would be handy, but it's definitely low on the priority list, and not necessarily an 'easy fix'.

RyanE

+1 on the desirability of this feature.

I use it several times a day to control two "rooms" that sometimes want to be controlled together and sometimes want to be separate.

On the $$ side - I would not mind paying for an extra "virtual" SR250 if I could have an A/B button on the current unit that would jump it from room A to room B. Fewer units to lose, more convenient (in my particular situation) than having more scattered around.

How *do* we get input into product management?

Archived