C4 Forums | Control4

monoprice 4x4 not working

Hi there

Just wondering if there is a new driver for the mono price 4x4 hdmi matrix? Or is mine defective (brand new) I have tried both the serial and IR drivers found on this forum and neither do anything at all.

I made an ir driver from the supplied remotes, and that does control it, but Im really looking to use the serial connection. Yes I've tried the straight through and null modem cables.

Thanks

Thanks

I have the "4x4 Matrix HDMI Switch & Splitter over CAT5e/CAT6 Cable" Not sure of model number

The unit is working great, to all TV's The problem is my HC300 wont control it with serial or IR? It won't do anything at all.

Help

Thanks for the advice.

My sources are on, but the switch wont change to anything unless I manually hit the button on the front. IR or serial the ir is flashing just wont control it. Makes me think the driver has changed. It's brand new.

I'll try to post project.

i have a rs323 driver for the new HDMI over cat5/6 matrix.

I just uploaded it to the file library. I think i needed to use a straight through cable on the new matrix. Not 100% certain on that.

Also to note. i have tweeked the turn on delay as well as delays before it sends each command to work well with my system. If you need adjustments made let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dave,

I saw your posting about the Monoprice matrix via cat5/6... I have the 4x4 Monoprice which uses HDMI but continue to have issues with my PS3 and audio dropping out so I'm wondering about purchasing the Monoprice matrix over cat5 since it seems to be an issue with the 50 and 75 runs I have... the 25 foot run works fine all the time...

You did make a driver I believe? Also, what do you have hooked up right now and how long are your runs? Any problems at all with video/audio?

Ok... weirdest scenario... I swapped my PS3 160gb that was running on the Monoprice matrix with my PS3 320gb that is in my theater since the 160gb is newer and is the one that seemed to start giving me trouble running on matrix. So now it would appear that the 320gb PS3 is working perfectly on my matrix switch. I'm not sure if I'm imagining this or if there could possibly be a slight hardware difference as the problem seems to be the HDMI signal out isn't strong enough on the 160gb PS3 to send to the 50 and 75 runs I have and I'm getting audio drop out on the 50ft and full signal loss on the 75ft..... this only happens with my PS3, Directv boxes and Dune work perfectly....

Any opinions on this??

Archived