C4 Forums | Control4

Extravegetables Sonos Disaster

kevinmuise

My dealer added an additional Sonos connect unit (ZP 90) to my Control 4 system in early December. During the installation, Control4 OS and Extravegetables Sonos driver were updated. The HC-200 controller seized. Composer connects but shows no devices. iPad control works with a new sense of delay. I was told a bug in the Extravegetables Sonos driver caused this and the bug has since been repaired. Last week the dealer tried to reset the HC controller with a flash drive without success. My HC controller is still awry.

This sounds like a big deal yet I see no mention of a Sonos driver bug in this forum. Has anyone seen this problem with their system or the systems that they work with?

K

My dealer added an additional Sonos connect unit (ZP 90) to my Control 4 system in early December. During the installation, Control4 OS and Extravegetables Sonos driver were updated. The HC-200 controller seized. Composer connects but shows no devices. iPad control works with a new sense of delay. I was told a bug in the Extravegetables Sonos driver caused this and the bug has since been repaired. Last week the dealer tried to reset the HC controller with a flash drive without success. My HC controller is still awry.

This sounds like a big deal yet I see no mention of a Sonos driver bug in this forum. Has anyone seen this problem with their system or the systems that they work with?

K

I would have your dealer work with EV. Their support is excellent, IMO. I haven't heard of this happening but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

I am an end user. I have Sonos (one ZP 90)/EV driver, have no problems!

I have several of their drivers and have had a couple of funny issues/questions, here and there. They were GREAT working with my dealer and got me all fixed up in no time.

I would echo Cody's comment regarding support, they are excellent. I'm sure they will be happy to help you/dealer sort it all out.

K

Kevin

Who told you it was a bug in our driver that caused it to fail? Drivers can't do that as a general rule...

Will

Will:

My Control4 dealer told me that there was/is a bug in the extravegetables Sonos driver that caused the controller to fail. The technician came by today reset the HC-200 Controller; updated OS and Sonos driver. Now everything is working very well and I am at peace.

Avittech:

I have one Controller, 25 switches, one TV room and 3 Sonos.

K

Will:

My Control4 dealer told me that there was/is a bug in the extravegetables Sonos driver that caused the controller to fail. The technician came by today reset the HC-200 Controller; updated OS and Sonos driver. Now everything is working very well and I am at peace.

Avittech:

I have one Controller, 25 switches, one TV room and 3 Sonos.

K

Kevin

Glad you're now happy!

However, can you please put a ticket on the helpdesk on our website, as I'd like to get to the bottom of this - I'm concerned that a dealer is blaming us for something that they shouldn't be. I'm sure it's just some mis communication somewhere, but I'd like to resolve it anyway.

We take all of our end users very seriously - while we don't spend much time on these forums and can't support end users directly for the same reasons as Control4, we do want to make sure that anyone using our software has a great experience with it.

Will

Archived