C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone see Samsungs new transparent TS tech ?

dgbrown

Have you seen ANY pricing on it yet? Even a guess?

I checked out electric windows (opaque when no power applied and clear when power was applied) and they were OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive - for a large window they were more than $20,000.00

These are going to have to get down in the 5-7,000.00 range before even razor's edge peole are going to go for them in my opinion. I think that direct sun on the back of these will be harsh to say the least on the electronics - the "R" factor of these will probably be low as well? Maybe on an INDOOR wall they would work well.

Bill

I checked out electric windows (opaque when no power applied and clear when power was applied) and they were OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive - for a large window they were more than $20' date='000.00

These are going to have to get down in the 5-7,000.00 range before even razor's edge peole are going to go for them in my opinion. I think that direct sun on the back of these will be harsh to say the least on the electronics - the "R" factor of these will probably be low as well? Maybe on an INDOOR wall they would work well.

Bill[/quote']

My neighbor has a staircase and walk way that are clear glass floor which can turn frosted with the flip of a switch (you can't be looking up the ladies dresses I guess).

Very cool.

I checked out electric windows (opaque when no power applied and clear when power was applied) and they were OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive - for a large window they were more than $20' date='000.00

Bill[/quote']

My neighbor has a staircase and walk way that are clear glass floor which can turn frosted with the flip of a switch (you can't be looking up the ladies dresses I guess).

Very cool.

THAT is cool!

Bill[/quote']

Very cool.

Whoa! Kinky.

I'm looking at this is if someone is trying to sell this product to me individually. I understand the technology can spin-off to other uses but this sole use is nuts. We'll see what Dan thinks- he's building new. Would he put one of these into the drawing package? I value architecture down to the frame style, glass detail and thermo-properties well beyond what this can offer.

Rank it right up there with the Samsung refer with apps...

I'm looking at this is if someone is trying to sell this product to me individually. I understand the technology can spin-off to other uses but this sole use is nuts. We'll see what Dan thinks- he's building new. Would he put one of these into the drawing package? I value architecture down to the frame style, glass detail and thermo-properties well beyond what this can offer.

Rank it right up there with the Samsung refer with apps...

I can't think of a place I would put it.

While cool, not even close to feasible (in my opinion).

I'm looking at this is if someone is trying to sell this product to me individually. I understand the technology can spin-off to other uses but this sole use is nuts. We'll see what Dan thinks- he's building new. Would he put one of these into the drawing package? I value architecture down to the frame style' date=' glass detail and thermo-properties well beyond what this can offer.

Rank it right up there with the Samsung refer with apps...[/quote']

:P You guys are so unimaginative.

This will be great for my home office inside wall. Some smaller apartments that use rooms for multi-purpose could also find this attractive

I'm not sure how far along will this type of technology hit the mainstream but when it does I'll make some room.

Imagination and reality are far-apart sometimes. Just because you can do something isn't always cause to follow-through. In the CE world, it is always possible to sell something like this. Just because I have HA in my house doesn't make me a CE junky however. Samsung is trying to jump-start a future market. That's great- doesn't mean it's going to happen...

Bill[/quote']

Very cool.

Whoa! Kinky.

I have programed one of those to dynalite - very very nice - magic

I'm looking at this is if someone is trying to sell this product to me individually. I understand the technology can spin-off to other uses but this sole use is nuts. We'll see what Dan thinks- he's building new. Would he put one of these into the drawing package? I value architecture down to the frame style' date=' glass detail and thermo-properties well beyond what this can offer.

Rank it right up there with the Samsung refer with apps...[/quote']

:P You guys are so unimaginative.

This will be great for my home office inside wall. Some smaller apartments that use rooms for multi-purpose could also find this attractive

I'm not sure how far along will this type of technology hit the mainstream but when it does I'll make some room.

Why would you want a one way window/touchpanel/tv on an interior wall in your office? Wouldn't it make more sense to just a TV with touchpanel overlay? Why have it transparent.

I guess if your office is behind the cash register in a convenient store and you want to be able to secretly keep an eye on customers while watching sportscenter and don't have room for a window AND a TV.

^Right. My imagination takes me into an office like on the show Office. Boss man keeps an eye on slacker-types while he peers through the slats of a blind. Today, in a typical Managerial office, there is a smart board on the wall and at least one window looking out. This panel/light will take the place of both.

I dunno, still not seeing the mass-value in this as I'm sure cost is out of the reach of most. Even if cost wasn't a factor, what is it that you do with this thing? You gotta stand-up to use it, right? If it's just you and you aren't conducting a family quarterly budget meeting, why put it plain view of the entire room? Help me out here as I'm sure you imaginitive, well-to-do types have already placed your orders.

I dunno, still not seeing the mass-value in this as I'm sure cost is out of the reach of most. Even if cost wasn't a factor, what is it that you do with this thing? You gotta stand-up to use it, right? If it's just you and you aren't conducting a family quarterly budget meeting, why put it plain view of the entire room? Help me out here as I'm sure you imaginitive, well-to-do types have already placed your orders.

I'm with you on this one.

Archived