C4 Forums | Control4

Flo Logic - water shut off system and control 4

TexasBill

I had a temporary location for the battery while testing and my wife moved it and disconnected one terminal of the battery. Now the thing is dead, keeps saying the battery is dead or whatever that message is. I guess I will be contacting support, but not happy with the robustness of the system if that threw it for a loop. I need to check voltage but I'm sure the battery is not still dead unless it was defective.

Their technical support has been GREAT for me - I have had to leave a number but he always calls back and they have been reliable - I have owned THREE of these units.

I am sorry that you are having an issue but I will bet that in being disconnected that something got "fried"?

Bill

The trick was holding down the down error long enough to clear the error, I had to do it quite a few times. I did get a quick response by e-mail. Their support has been good the last couple times I've called. A more user friendly design would be the error clearing itself automatically after a certain amount of time, but I'm sure there is a reason they do it the way they do.

So I might be back on track now.

TexasBill, I might have asked this before but did you hook FloLogic to your alarm system or any other external devices?

The trick was holding down the down error long enough to clear the error, I had to do it quite a few times. I did get a quick response by e-mail. Their support has been good the last couple times I've called. A more user friendly design would be the error clearing itself automatically after a certain amount of time, but I'm sure there is a reason they do it the way they do.

So I might be back on track now.

TexasBill, I might have asked this before but did you hook FloLogic to your alarm system or any other external devices?

One of the things that I would like to do is to be able to bypass or clear the alarm remotely - but I understand why they don't allow that.

To answer your question - yes -

1. I can turn off the water from Control 4.

2. Control 4 knows when the water has been turned off and announces that throughout the house every 5 minutes when this occurs as there is OBVIOUSLY a leak if that happens

3. I also connected this to my water softener so that when the water softener is running and purging the resins for an hour it will not trigger the alarm and shut off at 2 aM. This is REALLY cool and was not difficult or expensive - it is in their manual.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Texas Bill, I am still a little confused now that I have my FloLogic hooked to my C4. The only thing my installer hooked up was the terminals on the Home-Away (pins 1 & 2). It seems there should be a lot more hooked up. How many of the pins are you hooked up to? Do some go straight to C4 or do they all go to the alarm system? Here is my thinking on the different pins out. Obviously I'm still not an expert. Not sure how many relays/connections I have in my Concord or my C4 system and how many I should dedicate to this one device.

The flexibility is great but it leads to a little confusion.

Home-Away--that one is connected, so it should switch Home/Away automatically by the alarm state

Leak alarm--this needs to be connected to C4/alarm so I can get text events about it?

Ext leak--these need to be tied somehow into the water sensors (because you need sensors not just FloLogic) you put in so they will trigger the valve shutoff?

Trouble--needs to be hooked to alarm system?

Ext Bypass--this is how we trigger the bypass while sprinklers run. Tie a C4 relay to this that is controlled by logic on the system when irrigation runs?

Water off--same as leak alarm above--how many different events can we have? It seems like we want all the data we get from different alarm states so I can see get alerts about specifics.

Override--Not sure about this versus Ext Bypass?

Away--do we need this to verify Away mode is triggered?

EDIT: I am pretty sure I want Override to be used for items controlled by C4, because you don't want to be able to manually override and then forget about it. For manual "override" , use bypass, because it is on a timer and will expire whether you remember you shut off the system or not.

So I'm looking at the very least:

manual control over home/away/bypass/water off

C4 control over override

C4 control over ext leak so water sensor events can engage Flologic

reporting on leak

You start to burn through a lot of relays if you do too much right?

Texas Bill, I am still a little confused now that I have my FloLogic hooked to my C4. The only thing my installer hooked up was the terminals on the Home-Away (pins 1 & 2). It seems there should be a lot more hooked up. How many of the pins are you hooked up to? Do some go straight to C4 or do they all go to the alarm system? Here is my thinking on the different pins out. Obviously I'm still not an expert. Not sure how many relays/connections I have in my Concord or my C4 system and how many I should dedicate to this one device.

The flexibility is great but it leads to a little confusion.

Home-Away--that one is connected, so it should switch Home/Away automatically by the alarm state

Leak alarm--this needs to be connected to C4/alarm so I can get text events about it?

Ext leak--these need to be tied somehow into the water sensors (because you need sensors not just FloLogic) you put in so they will trigger the valve shutoff?

Trouble--needs to be hooked to alarm system?

Ext Bypass--this is how we trigger the bypass while sprinklers run. Tie a C4 relay to this that is controlled by logic on the system when irrigation runs?

Water off--same as leak alarm above--how many different events can we have? It seems like we want all the data we get from different alarm states so I can see get alerts about specifics.

Override--Not sure about this versus Ext Bypass?

Away--do we need this to verify Away mode is triggered?

EDIT: I am pretty sure I want Override to be used for items controlled by C4, because you don't want to be able to manually override and then forget about it. For manual "override" , use bypass, because it is on a timer and will expire whether you remember you shut off the system or not.

So I'm looking at the very least:

manual control over home/away/bypass/water off

C4 control over override

C4 control over ext leak so water sensor events can engage Flologic

reporting on leak

You start to burn through a lot of relays if you do too much right?

I have 8 wires hooked up and the network wire as well.

Bill

• 4 years later...
On 6/10/2017 at 8:35 PM, digitaltrader said:

I am considering this system.  Can anyone provide an update if this is currently the best system for integration?  I'd like to get the amount of water consumed in gallons, is this also possible with flow logic?

Best, I'm not sure of, but there are features you aren't going to get elsewhere.  I know of no way to keep track of gallons with this system.

18 hours ago, C4 User said:

Has anyone integrated the waterhero into C4?  If so, can you give me info on source of driver and how it integrates?  Thank you.

Unless it integrates somehow, the home / away swap is going to problematic and that is a critical piece.

Archived