C4 Forums | Control4

[Zwave] Compatibility of new Vera Edge

blub

Hi

Since the Vera lite is now EOL and is being replaced by the new Vera Edge which has Zwave Plus I wonder if anyone knows if it will be running with the old driver or if new drivers are in the works?

thx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Since the Vera lite is now EOL and is being replaced by the new Vera Edge which has Zwave Plus I wonder if anyone knows if it will be running with the old driver or if new drivers are in the works?

thx

The Vera Edge works perfect with Control4 version 2.7.2. I have successfully setup scene control from both sides as well. I recently moved from a HAI/Control4 solution to a Vera/Control4 solution and am very happy with the increased speed of control of my Z-Wave devices. Z-Wave light devices are as responsive as Control light devices now. It is a little slow to add a lot of Z-Wave devices in UI7 at the same time but once they are added it runs fast!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Kwikset Z-Wave locks. For some reason, I can't perform any programming with it in Control4. I can control the locks in Navigator, but no programming option. I'm hoping to set it up when the alarm is set to AWAY or HOME, it would lock the Kwikset Z-Wave locks automatically. Any help on this? Thanks!

Thanks Cyknight. I knew I was forgetting something! I got it up and running now with ZWave. It was a very easy process to make the connection. Is there anyway to poll the Zwave lock status from C4? Sometimes it was say unlocked when it is locked, or locked when it is really unlocked. So to refresh the setting, I have to hit the lock/unlock button on the C4 app and it will then refresh the new status. Thanks!

I'd have to check to be sure, but it should update eventually. The driver doesn't poll, it's the Vera that needs to send the update, and sometimes it isn't quick to do so. COULD also be because the lock is on the edge of range, so even Vera doesn't know if it's locked or not.

When C4 sends the info, vera seems better at reporting that particular event.

This is also true for lighting at ttimes, but locks and blinds seem to have it happen more often, which I SUSPECT is due to the units themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Cyknight. I knew I was forgetting something! I got it up and running now with ZWave. It was a very easy process to make the connection. Is there anyway to poll the Zwave lock status from C4? Sometimes it was say unlocked when it is locked, or locked when it is really unlocked. So to refresh the setting, I have to hit the lock/unlock button on the C4 app and it will then refresh the new status. Thanks!

I have Yale Real Living locks that were originally Z-Wave but I got the Zigbee modules and added them straight to the Control4. Be careful with Zigbee modules from Yale there was a version of the module that was not capable of upgrading to the latest firmware available so if you call Yale and tell them your  Zigbee module will not upgrade they will send you new modules. hint hint    

what driver are you using for the vera edge?

There is only one MiCasaVerde driver available and its the one that is built in to Control4 (Extra Vegetables) On the VeraEdge I am running an old firmware (1.7.1089) since it seems to be more stable

• 1 month later...

How do you get the COntrol4 to see Vera? I have added this thing in regards to the documentation....

Set the Vera controller to a static IP address or ensure it always receives the same IP address from the DHCP server via a MAC based reservation.

- Enter the IP address of the Vera Controller into the Properties tab

- Enter the Port number of the Vera Controller into the Properties tab if you have changed it from the default.

- If connection is successful a message appears saying data has been downloaded from Vera

Everything is inside the properties and says valid IP address in the driver information in addition to the driver version 8.0.0 up top. But when you go to connections and to the z wave stuff..... ​it is not in the network in order to identify.... Anyone able to help me?

You need to have all the zwave devices already identified to the Vera controller and confirm they are working with the Vera app. Once this is done then add each of the devices in composer, such as a light switch, then add the room and device name to the driver. Refresh navigators and they will appear and should work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/14/2015 at 1:06 AM, BrianJames said:

There is only one MiCasaVerde driver available and its the one that is built in to Control4 (Extra Vegetables) On the VeraEdge I am running an old firmware (1.7.1089) since it seems to be more stable

Can you please provide a link? I purchased Vera Plus but I don't seem to find a link to the driver anywhere.

• 2 months later...

I've got some z-wave temp-sensors available that I want to see in C4. I have them properly installed in my project (through the Vera driver), but I can only bind programming events to them. I want to see them as a sensor in my app so I know the temp in each room.

Is that possible?

Archived