C4 Forums | Control4

IP driver information for Panasonic TV

samsong

Hi all,

I have a Panasonic TC-55CX800U TV.

I am controlling via IR driver. However this TV works with the Viera app on my iPhone, which must mean it has some sort of IP control capability.

Can anyone tell me if there is a driver for it ? Or maybe an IP driver from another model could work ?

Could one be created ? Or does the TV require to be pre-built specifically for smart home system control.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/14/2018 at 3:14 AM, Dave w said:

I beleive this driver will work for you:  https://bitbucket.org/rboucher/control-4-drivers-release/overview

I also have a Panasonic TX-50CX800 series (802B to be precise) and also struggling to find a Control4 driver for it. I had a look at this site and did a search for Panasonic and this driver came up: tv_ip_http_panasonic_2012GTSeries.c4i.

Is this the one you were referring to or maybe someone else managed to find a suitable driver?

13 hours ago, TheWizard said:

That driver from Bitbucket is the one I initially wrote, for anything newer than 2016 you'll want to use the v2 version from here: https://annex4.link/drivers/vieratelevision-v2

That's great news, thank you, I just signed up and completed the training so looking forward to getting my account approved. 

I managed to get hold of the Panasonic Viera v2 driver from Annex4 but seem to struggle with the Power On command. Wake on LAN is activated and the TV does power ON sometimes but not very consistently or by pressing the Power On button in the driver itself.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be wrong here? Do certain functions need to be de-activated in the TV, e.g. Viera Link or any other settings?

Just to give a bit more background to this, I did try to follow the driver's instructions but I struggled a bit from here....

-Go to the Network/Connections tab

(I first thought this was related to the TV menu but then assumed it to be the network connections tab in Composer Pro where I did find the Panasonic TV and I manually assigned its IP address) 

-In the Available devices list find others -> Panasonic/Panasonic VIErA

(The available devices list I guess is the list of devices showing on the right with UUID's but I could not find the VIErA in that list...) 

-Bind the UUID connection to the driver

(so no, I did not find the UUID of the Panasonic in Composer Pro so this is most likely the problem)

Do I need to de-activated certain functions like Viera Link or CEC control for the UUID to show up in Composer Pro? Once the TV is powered it reacts to all the commands so it seems to be working apart from proper power On and Off. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.