C4 Forums | Control4

new fangled washer/dryer, hvac

Haveitall

Hello all - 

For years I have had my dryer buzzer set up to hit our phones (first with ardoino, now with C4).  This was super easy with the old dryer, as the buzzer was a dedicated 120v wire I could tap into.  I was able to integrate the alert, but also log it on google sheets.  But....

We recently got a new washer, and our dryer is on the way out.  Has anyone figured a way to tap off these new washers and dryers to get an alert when the load is done?  I saw a driver from Chowmain that looked like it works through IFTTT for some GE washers.  Anyone use that?

And just to pile everything into one thread - anyone use C4 to track their HVAC and/or water heater?  I've always been meaning to get around to setting it up with an ardoino and just never had the time.  I'd like to log and alert on some basics, like hot water temp, hvac temp, hvac run times etc.  I'm surprised C4 has never done this.  [C4 'metrics suite' tracks HVAC run times, data spikes, sends alert to HVAC company on contract to come take a look... win win]

• 2 weeks later...

for the thermostat you can get a Eco-bee from me. 

They have a ridiculous amount of metrics to view from your own site website with remote sensors. We purchase these from Blackwire @Kevin L to make sure he continues slaving away creating new drivers. C4 bought this one from him so its now free to everyone,but still best to support him!

On 3/6/2019 at 7:39 PM, Haveitall said:

Unfortunately I was brain dead during the panic buy of the new washer. Wish there was a retrofit solution.  Out of balance would definitely be a good option  

Ill be be prepared for the dryer. 

I snagged 2 of these for $30 and connected them to my vera controller and use @alanchow's experience button suite for them and the IFTTT driver for geofencing of who is home and send push bullet notifications to the right person

Archived