C4 Forums | Control4

Cameras

16 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

Still having issues with my ios devices. How long has yours been working?

Flawlessly since one of the last c4 app updates. Been maybe couple of weeks or so. Up until then if I pulled it up on my iPhone the camera grid would show but if I selected a camera it would just sit there with the loading circle. 

I did a test last night.  My cameras work on the touchscreens and on the iOS app if I am on my home wifi network.  When I leave my home wifi network and I try mobile data or another wifi network outside my house the cameras will not load.

I am using the BI drivers which should handle all the port forwarding requirements as I understand it.

Has anybody used Dahua cameras?

They are highly recommended over at ipcamtalk.com and apparently Dahua manufactures cameras for a lot of the big names as well (i.e. Lorex by FLIR, etc).

Also, is the Blue Iris driver free?  The Control4 database shows Blue Iris drivers but haven’t been updated since 2016.

59 minutes ago, sofakng said:

Has anybody used Dahua cameras?

They are highly recommended over at ipcamtalk.com and apparently Dahua manufactures cameras for a lot of the big names as well (i.e. Lorex by FLIR, etc).

Also, is the Blue Iris driver free?  The Control4 database shows Blue Iris drivers but haven’t been updated since 2016.

I use Dahua cameras and I like them.  Clean/crisp images, not buggy, good uptime, etc.  I've had 1 running for about 15 months and its flawless so when I just did a renovation I got a bunch more (from a dealer on ipcamtalk) and recently hung them at my house.  I went for the Turret style.  Inside my house I am using Vivotek because they had a form factor I needed not offered by Dahua.

1 minute ago, eggzlot said:

I got a bunch more (from a dealer on ipcamtalk) and recently hung them at my house.

Andy from ipcamtalk?  Yeah I’ve been talking with him too.  He gave me few recommendations and I’m pretty sure I’m going to go that route.

1 minute ago, sofakng said:

Andy from ipcamtalk?  Yeah I’ve been talking with him too.  He gave me few recommendations and I’m pretty sure I’m going to go that route.

yep - Andy

though oversees shipped on time, accurate and no issues

just note DHL requires a signature so ship it to a place where someone can sign for it.  Finding a local DHL center near me was not easy and I live 15 miles outside of NYC in a big suburban area.  So I shipped it to my office.

37 minutes ago, sofakng said:

Great, thanks again for the information.

I just sent payment to andy for 2x Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and 1x IPC-HDW4231F-ASE.

@msgreenf can I get a copy of the Dahua driver to see if it works better than the Blue Iris driver?

https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/c4-dahua-amcrest/ 

It's for sale there and any dealer (or myself) can sell it.  It has a 7 day free trial.  1 copy per project - unlimited cameras

42 minutes ago, sofakng said:

Thanks for the link.  I’m a Control4 development partner (not a regular dealer) so hopefully BlackWireDesigns allows me to register on their site.

Thanks again everybody :)

i can sell to you too...the download is open to everyone

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up this topic again, but are there any Blue Iris drivers that let you view recordings?  (yes, there are better interfaces for this, but it’s a nice feature to have on the C4 interfaces as well)

Also, Gary seemed to hint at a possible update to the Blue Iris driver ...?

5 hours ago, Drake0508 said:

Are you familiar with their cameras? I need a low profile PTZ for indoors to replace a Hik mini dome. 

I have one of these open box that I used in my house for a bit - i am always looking to sell unused tech!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077B7R62N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$100 shipped in the US

I use Blue Iris and Not Control 4 for all of my cameras and I have 15.
Here is why -
1. it is less than $50.00
2. it works with all IP cameras that expose their IP address.
3. you can see all cameras easily on your phone as well as your monitor
4. easily configured
5. you can get emails
6. watch real time any time
7. supports all features of the cameras
Now - When I tried to get this into Control 4 -
1. interface issues
2. only certain cameras supported
3. cannot see anything immediately - the TV has to come on and warm up - if you are watching TV this can be irritating as well
I would be interested in hearing why someone feels that putting cameras into Control 4 is a good or helpful idea?
Thanks
Bill

I use ZoneMinder for all of these reason except ZoneMinder is free.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.