C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom

Time2Jet

2n helios

it works on t3s.  Support for intercom anywhere app is coming soon I think but they have their own app anyways so it’s still a 2 app solution that works fine.  I use 2n Helios video kit tied into a holovision doorstation. Works fine. 

at Cedia they announced these 3: Comelit, 2N and Akuvox

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, eggzlot said:

2n helios

it works on t3s.  Support for intercom anywhere app is coming soon I think but they have their own app anyways so it’s still a 2 app solution that works fine.  I use 2n Helios video kit tied into a holovision doorstation. Works fine. 

at Cedia they announced these 3: Comelit, 2N and Akuvox

The DS2 is a 2n... so it would be easiest to purchase it from C4 preconfigured for the needs of director and the intercom app.  Wondering why the helios?

59 minutes ago, AVNeeds said:

The DS2 is a 2n... so it would be easiest to purchase it from C4 preconfigured for the needs of director and the intercom app.  Wondering why the helios?

Everyone’s options and needs are different.  Personally for the ascetics of my house the DS2 is way too futuristic and not to be rude, but I think its ugly.  

Prior to the DS2 even being an option, I had a Holovision 424 model that used their own VIO hardware as a SIP server.  Houselogix had a driver that went belly up with support after Houselogix shut down and C4 made a big SIP change in 2.7 or 2.8 (I forget which exact upgrade).  Holovision wanted to try and support old sales in the field, so they sold me a 2n Helios video kit, which replaced their VIO hardware, and I connected it to the Holovision face plate and camera and it works just fine.

I am not affiliated with holovision, but they have probably close to 60-70 models and in dozens of finishes, so its easy to find something that works with your size/style house. The DS2 is very limited in color options and as far as style goes, would not work at all with my house.

55 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Everyone’s options and needs are different.  Personally for the ascetics of my house the DS2 is way too futuristic and not to be rude, but I think its ugly.  

Prior to the DS2 even being an option, I had a Holovision 424 model that used their own VIO hardware as a SIP server.  Houselogix had a driver that went belly up with support after Houselogix shut down and C4 made a big SIP change in 2.7 or 2.8 (I forget which exact upgrade).  Holovision wanted to try and support old sales in the field, so they sold me a 2n Helios video kit, which replaced their VIO hardware, and I connected it to the Holovision face plate and camera and it works just fine.

I am not affiliated with holovision, but they have probably close to 60-70 models and in dozens of finishes, so its easy to find something that works with your size/style house. The DS2 is very limited in color options and as far as style goes, would not work at all with my house.

You are not the first person to find it ugly lol and they certainly are lacking in options. 

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

It’s not my favorite looking thing but I don’t think it’s terrible. It seems like it’s much bigger than it needs to be. 

It’s very modern looking and my house is northeast traditional.   The original DS1 was more of a generic look that could work with many house styles.  Just my opinion.  

44 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

It’s very modern looking and my house is northeast traditional.   The original DS1 was more of a generic look that could work with many house styles.  Just my opinion.  

It's a shame, I think that based on how it pieces together it wouldn't be complicated to make additional face plates.

Heh, Control4 actually offers a 3rd color over 2n which only does nickel and black if memory serves.

When it comes ot IP intercom with remote service, there's not a whole lot design wise out there to begin with, and there's limited option of integration to boot.

Nest won't allow it (so far at least)

Ring is limited to sensing the doorbell push (been a long wait)

Doorbird works, but mixed result (standalone as well as integration - we've not had bad luck ourselves on the latter though)

Then there's Control4 (2N is basically the same)

In the end the C4 doorstation just WORKS. Sure it's may not be ideal for your design, sure it's pricey. But it works. If intercome integration is what you want - that's the only way I would suggest you go.

10 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Heh, Control4 actually offers a 3rd color over 2n which only does nickel and black if memory serves.

When it comes ot IP intercom with remote service, there's not a whole lot design wise out there to begin with, and there's limited option of integration to boot.

Nest won't allow it (so far at least)

Ring is limited to sensing the doorbell push (been a long wait)

Doorbird works, but mixed result (standalone as well as integration - we've not had bad luck ourselves on the latter though)

Then there's Control4 (2N is basically the same)

In the end the C4 doorstation just WORKS. Sure it's may not be ideal for your design, sure it's pricey. But it works. If intercome integration is what you want - that's the only way I would suggest you go.

2n is coming to intercom anywhere yet they have their own stand alone solution too that I am using.  And when someone rings my doorbell, I can see it all on my T3s, and I get notices to talk to people at the door with a live camera feed on my iOS and Android phones.  It all rings at the same time or you can set it up to ring the T3 first, if no answer, then ring 1 phone, then another phone or after the T3s you can ring all cell phones at once.  That may be options too within the DS2 UI but I was told by others the DS2 UI is a bit more restrictive than the 2n UI when it comes to set up options.

https://www.eholovision.com/product-categories/ - as I mentioned dozens of designs and face plate color options

https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/products/intercoms/2n-helios-ip-video-kit - can add this to get it to work within c4

Again the DS2 is way quicker and easier, but just pointing out a fairly solid solution that works if you are install is not cookie cutter (need to install on a gooseneck pole for example) or you want something with a different design.  Holovision also offers up Doorbird products but with different faceplates too.

I could see why a C4 dealer would want to sell the DS2 - easier purchase, quicker install, etc.  This forum is about a small but dedicated "power user" base so just wanted to let "power users" know of other options. and maybe some dealers will kick the tires on Holovision and maybe offer their product line too to some customers who want something that is not the DS2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.