C4 Forums | Control4

Listen to Phone Call Through Speaker?

bdo21

This may be very niche but I often need to just listen to a work telephone call. Any suggestions on how I can play the audio through a speaker connected to C4 and triad matrix/amp? I would want to be able to switch from my iPhone to the speakers and back to the iPhone.

Thank you

3 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

This may be very niche but I often need to just listen to a work telephone call. Any suggestions on how I can play the audio through a speaker connected to C4 and triad matrix/amp? I would want to be able to switch from my iPhone to the speakers and back to the iPhone.

Thank you

what phone?  Landline phone, VoIP phone or cell phone?  I think iPhone based on your post.  Do you have the Shairbridge driver?  I have no idea if it works on a call, but have you tried?

Airplay doesn't work on a call - you'd need something you could bluetooth to, which I think needs to have a microphone. I do this all the time -  I use my Airpods Pro. LOL. Then I can hear it, and can still hear everything going on around me, and I don't have to bother everyone else with hearing my work.

1 hour ago, bdo21 said:

I was really thinking about taking a shower while still being able to listen to a call so I was wondering about whether I could use the speaker in the bathroom. I guess it is too complicated.

Of course you can, just get a Bluetooth speaker that allows to receive calls from it and use normally, Amazon is filled with these speakers

• 2 weeks later...

I have the PC in my office hooked up to a C4 matrix amp so if you can run the phone call through your PC (via Skype, etc) then you could do this.  Or you may have PC based call in options if it is a Zoom call, etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.