C4 Forums | Control4

How can i learn Control 4??

17 minutes ago, CTMatthew said:

I don't have much experience as a landlord, so I'm going to let my tenants live in my apartment building for free until I feel like I can really offer them value. 

I think I have a great hamburger recipe, but I haven't run a food truck before. I'll just give my product away until I build a following and then start to charge a price that covers my cost an pays me an income. 

Oh wait, that sounds insane. 

Don't work for free. 

Costco and Sams Club give away food samples all the time.

There is a difference in working for no money if the job is something you either have no interest in doing or will gain nothing from the experience of that job. Don't ever go dig a ditch for free unless you have some interest in learning how to become a ditch digger.

Ive been on several "focus groups" and committees for different vendors with no pay. Ive done it either for helping the product I use get better, resume builder or networking opportunity.

Our time is the most valuable thing we own. The lesson is dont waste it. Free doesnt just mean money.

Most people learn by going to school or some other means of investing their time and effort. The workplace is not a classroom. Basic skills are expected for many technical jobs. If one does not have the basic skills, one can pay for school, one can invests his/her time and effort to learn, or maybe one can offer his/her time to someone else who is willing to take the time to train.

I give a lot of credit and really appreciate the one here who is offering his/her time and effort to learn a new skill. If this individual maintains this level of willingness to succeed, I am excited and encouraged to see what this individual achieves in this life time.

I will return to this thread, like a swallow to Capistrano to remind people not to work for free. 

- Giving out a sample is not giving away groceries

- Founding a company is not getting a job

My advice is not for the guy who gets $250k from his parents to start a business (I think you might make a convincing case he wasn't working for free), but for the regular old worker looking for work. When I hire someone I train them. Part of the job. I may pay them more when they're trained, but I'd never insult their dignity by accepting their work for free. I guess I have too much respect for my fellow workers. 😁

On 5/3/2022 at 12:03 PM, MikeFlores said:

I want to take a job but i need learn control 4, the problem is idk where can i study or practice this...

There is no official training outside of working for a dealer or owning a dealership yourself. As long as you are technically inclined most companies will hire and train you.

We do offer a train course for consumers using Composer Home which is nearly identically to pro save for some features removed. This will help you understand composer and how the basic work flow and how to automate your system. If you are interested check us out on patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/waltstv

1 hour ago, Matt Lowe said:

There is no official training outside of working for a dealer or owning a dealership yourself.

To prevent confusion: There IS official training from Control4 that is required - there is just no real way of getting it outside of being part of a dealership (or possibly recognized 3rd party driver developer, not sure on that one)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.