C4 Forums | Control4

Project Locked in Composer HE

matt4gps

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I think they were being factitious. CHE versions coincide with OS versions. So, whenever the 2.1 OS becomes avail. is when you will see corresponding CHE version. In the context of fixing the pesky Project Locked bug, who knows what they know- I certainly don't.

I have a new HC300C and was attempting to program a lamp to turn on at a certain time every day. I am using Composer 2.0.6.102864 and following a similar example in Control4 Composer HE User Guide on page 97 Chapter 5.1.16 Programming with Wakeup Agent.

1. Start Composer and connect to a Director.

2. Click the Agents view.

3. Click Add for the Available Agents screen to appear. Select Wakeup > OK.

When I do this I get a error box "The project is locked"

I have a call into my installer but this seems to be a continuing issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a new HC300C and was attempting to program a lamp to turn on at a certain time every day. I am using Composer 2.0.6.102864 and following a similar example in Control4 Composer HE User Guide on page 97 Chapter 5.1.16 Programming with Wakeup Agent.

1. Start Composer and connect to a Director.

2. Click the Agents view.

3. Click Add for the Available Agents screen to appear. Select Wakeup > OK.

When I do this I get a error box "The project is locked"

I have a call into my installer but this seems to be a continuing issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is a known issue.

• 3 months later...

Was this fixed in 2.1? Down loaded composer 2.1 and it still has an issue, I have not upgraded controller to 2.1 yet so the issue could be in the contrioller software. Just wondering if anyone that has fully upgraded to 2.1 can confirm if this issue is corrected?

Was this fixed in 2.1? Down loaded composer 2.1 and it still has an issue, I have not upgraded controller to 2.1 yet so the issue could be in the contrioller software. Just wondering if anyone that has fully upgraded to 2.1 can confirm if this issue is corrected?

Please only run the version of composer HE that matches the firmware of your system. Mismatched versions can corrupt your project.

^While true, this is not the only cause for this particular problem! I have tried brand new computers that have never seen CHE on them and it still screws-up. It's about time to look at other things that may be causing this. 2.1 does not address the root problem.

• 1 month later...

So what gives? I bought Control4 with the understanding that I would need a dealer to install my system and get everything running and then I could do some programming if I bought ComposerHE. As it stands now I can't even add a simple variable by myself.... If Control4 can't remedy this quickly they should give everyone who has a system and bought ComposerHE a free copy of Composer. If not, I would suggest that they should be subjected to a class action lawsuit for false advertising and misleading their customers complete with a full media pantsing... Yeah, I'm totally pissed off! I can't do jack shit with a system that cost me more than a BMW.

So what gives? I bought Control4 with the understanding that I would need a dealer to install my system and get everything running and then I could do some programming if I bought ComposerHE. As it stands now I can't even add a simple variable by myself.... If Control4 can't remedy this quickly they should give everyone who has a system and bought ComposerHE a free copy of Composer. If not, I would suggest that they should be subjected to a class action lawsuit for false advertising and misleading their customers complete with a full media pantsing... Yeah, I'm totally pissed off! I can't do jack shit with a system that cost me more than a BMW.

I agree it's unacceptable, I'd be frustrated too! Just an FYI, if you have your dealer install Composer Pro on your PC, then delete it, you will be able to add variables.

Why this hasn't been fixed by now is beyond me...

I agree it's unacceptable, I'd be frustrated too! Just an FYI, if you have your dealer install Composer Pro on your PC, then delete it, you will be able to add variables.

Why this hasn't been fixed by now is beyond me...

The funny thing about it is that I was trying to play with some of the programming examples using the excellent guides on your website.... :)

If I call my dealer it will cost me programming time and one days pay. I don't feel like spending another $1100.00 to fix an obviously major problem that C4 has failed to address. Why don't they add Composer Pro to my profile let me download it from 4Sight and use it until the problem with HE has been addressed? That should be easy for them to do since the activation is over the internet nowdays.

I think Control4's entire business model needs a rethink\reboot if they ever want to grow and take home automation mainstream. If a customer spends over $20k they should definitely get a copy of Composer (Tied to their Main System Controller) after the system has been installed by a certified dealer. In my case I'd end up buying more stuff from Control4 and probably end up spending more on programming help from my dealer. I do not see how this in anyway takes away from the product or dealer network. It would serve both the more technically savy customer that wants to play around and those that just want it to work. Great new ideas will almost always be generated by customers. I'd rather call my dealer in to help me troubleshoot some crazy ideas I have (It's called collaboration Control4) rather than have him perform a simple software update...

Can you imagine if an Apple or Microsoft dealer had to come to every customers home for a simple software upgrade? There is ZERO scalability for Control4 due to this limitation and this will eventually cause their demise... No matter how many dealers you have in a city you simply can't provide a timely response to more than a handful of clients each day. It's a shame because I think overall the product is solid but Control4 has a business model built for Mayberry... definitely not for a City, Country or the World...

I agree it's unacceptable' date=' I'd be frustrated too! Just an FYI, if you have your dealer install Composer Pro on your PC, then delete it, you will be able to add variables.

Why this hasn't been fixed by now is beyond me...[/quote']

Why don't they add Composer Pro to my profile let me download it from 4Sight and use it until the problem with HE has been addressed? That should be easy for them to do since the activation is over the internet nowdays.

Have you asked them to? It might not hurt to put a bug in the right peoples ear.

Have you asked them to? It might not hurt to put a bug in the right peoples ear.

I'm not sure who to really contact. The website tells you to pretty much screw off and call your dealer... LMAO

Who would you call? There's no support contacts listed that I can see and calling sales would most likely be a waste of time since I'm not a dealer...

I agree it's unacceptable' date=' I'd be frustrated too! Just an FYI, if you have your dealer install Composer Pro on your PC, then delete it, you will be able to add variables.

Why this hasn't been fixed by now is beyond me...[/quote']

The funny thing about it is that I was trying to play with some of the programming examples using the excellent guides on your website.... :)

If I call my dealer it will cost me programming time and one days pay. I don't feel like spending another $1100.00 to fix an obviously major problem that C4 has failed to address. Why don't they add Composer Pro to my profile let me download it from 4Sight and use it until the problem with HE has been addressed? That should be easy for them to do since the activation is over the internet nowdays.

I think Control4's entire business model needs a rethink\reboot if they ever want to grow and take home automation mainstream. If a customer spends over $20k they should definitely get a copy of Composer (Tied to their Main System Controller) after the system has been installed by a certified dealer. In my case I'd end up buying more stuff from Control4 and probably end up spending more on programming help from my dealer. I do not see how this in anyway takes away from the product or dealer network. It would serve both the more technically savy customer that wants to play around and those that just want it to work. Great new ideas will almost always be generated by customers. I'd rather call my dealer in to help me troubleshoot some crazy ideas I have (It's called collaboration Control4) rather than have him perform a simple software update...

Can you imagine if an Apple or Microsoft dealer had to come to every customers home for a simple software upgrade? There is ZERO scalability for Control4 due to this limitation and this will eventually cause their demise... No matter how many dealers you have in a city you simply can't provide a timely response to more than a handful of clients each day. It's a shame because I think overall the product is solid but Control4 has a business model built for Mayberry... definitely not for a City, Country or the World...

I got a big laugh out of this post. Nothing has changed here on this forum, nothing.

• 2 months later...

So I finally go the Composer HE license running 2.1.1 software on my system.

I figured I would start with some basic timers or notifications but when I try to add these (Email Notifications, Timer, etc) under Agents, I get the "Project is locked, system is most likely being updated....." message....

So in reading this thread, I have to have my dealer add those options under Agents to get them to work so I can do programming using those options????

Archived