C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Sky+HD / SkyQ / Sky Q Mini for Control4

alanchow

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/12/2018 at 8:36 AM, alanchow said:

Rebooting controller won’t do it as you need to refresh navigator.

navigator caches driver information when you do a refresh navigator.  This makes loading navigator faster after the initial load.

Do we need a dealer to refresh navigator? 

I still I’ll have the missing channels problem, I have Composer HE but get an error message there also, saying Composer HE authentication failed, Director is unable to . Would a controller reboot help?

2 hours ago, AidenL said:

Do we need a dealer to refresh navigator? 

I still I’ll have the missing channels problem, I have Composer HE but get an error message there also, saying Composer HE authentication failed, Director is unable to . Would a controller reboot help?

When I fixed HE, the channels reappeared. 

10 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

OK at our side - Can you control SKY with C4 Remote or Touchscreen ?

Yes,  but 90% of the channels aren’t visible. Having a lot of bother with this driver recently.

i have different Sky logos showing in the bedroom compared to the kitchen and living room.

11 hours ago, alanchow said:

With the update we issued your dealer needs to perform a refresh navigator

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

If you have HE - you can refresh navigators 

Yes, I did refresh, but the channel titles are garbled in a few instances - RTE1 and RTÉ2 are mixed up characters. 

And I still don’t see the changes on the remotes.

Ill upload some pics.

12 hours ago, AidenL said:

Yes, I did refresh, but the channel titles are garbled in a few instances - RTE1 and RTÉ2 are mixed up characters. 

And I still don’t see the changes on the remotes.

Ill upload some pics.

Please get your dealer to submit a ticket to our help desk and we will investigate.  We will probably ask for remote access to your system so we can see what’s going on.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:01 AM, alanchow said:

Please get your dealer to submit a ticket to our help desk and we will investigate.  We will probably ask for remote access to your system so we can see what’s going on.

Ok, will do. He’s really busy at the moment, I’m waiting on him to get back to do a few things for me. 

Its happened again yesterday,  but it’s not critical, I can still watch tv, so I can wait. 

Couple of pictures attached of the problems Im having - some gabled text on RTE 1 and RTE 2 and then the 100 range channels which are HD will vanish occasionally, and Im just left with 800 series which are SD.

Plus no synopsis of channels, etc. on the apps or the remote controls. 

Image-1.jpg

Image-1 2.jpg

6 hours ago, AidenL said:

Couple of pictures attached of the problems Im having - some gabled text on RTE 1 and RTE 2 and then the 100 range channels which are HD will vanish occasionally, and Im just left with 800 series which are SD.

Plus no synopsis of channels, etc. on the apps or the remote controls. 

Image-1.jpg

Image-1 2.jpg

If you don't have Synopsis then it sounds like you're on an old version of the driver.

• 5 weeks later...

Just had a client phone asking if there was any way to have alpha numeric keys on the interface, as he uses the search functionality a lot and so uses the digits on the interface to input text. Do I just simply say no? Ideally I would sell him a sr260 but I have no zigbee up there so it starts getting pricey for such a simple thing.   

On 8/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, 3D - Benn said:

Just had a client phone asking if there was any way to have alpha numeric keys on the interface, as he uses the search functionality a lot and so uses the digits on the interface to input text. Do I just simply say no? Ideally I would sell him a sr260 but I have no zigbee up there so it starts getting pricey for such a simple thing.   

If you are talking about touchscreen navigators then Yes there are two pages

The first page is your normal transport controls.  The second page is a 10 key page with numbers 0-9, *, # and enter keys.

I don't know off the top of my head if the number keys do SMS style searching when in a search bar.

I originally purchased the SkyQ driver from a Control4 dealer who has since gone out of business, and they purchased the driver from houselogix the last time my SkyQ driver was updated it was updated to version 8.0.5 which seems to have stopped working, I have a valid license for the chowmain driver, all I would like is a copy of the updated c4z file so that I can update my project with the latest version of the driver and get it working again.

I should mention that since I bought the Control4 system I have become a Control4 Developer, I have attached a screen shot of my SDK License Agreement as proof.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out in getting the SkyQ driver working again.

If someone could email me the driver to my company email address that would be amazing.

image.thumb.png.f9f5a85b9ff1f3815164e0818c625920.png

4 hours ago, SimonSparksUK said:

I originally purchased the SkyQ driver from a Control4 dealer who has since gone out of business, and they purchased the driver from houselogix the last time my SkyQ driver was updated it was updated to version 8.0.5 which seems to have stopped working, I have a valid license for the chowmain driver, all I would like is a copy of the updated c4z file so that I can update my project with the latest version of the driver and get it working again.

I should mention that since I bought the Control4 system I have become a Control4 Developer, I have attached a screen shot of my SDK License Agreement as proof.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out in getting the SkyQ driver working again.

If someone could email me the driver to my company email address that would be amazing.

image.thumb.png.f9f5a85b9ff1f3815164e0818c625920.png

Double post.  Answer here

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/27983-control4-sky-q-compatibility/?do=findComment&comment=231987

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Alan, is it possible to get a couple of mini drivers ?

we now have apps for Netflix, YouTube 

Can understand if this is not possible 

At this stage it is not possible to implement this.  Sorry.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.